Chapter 25

May have errors

Angel p.o.v

The next morning from my outing with the girls was hectic. I over slept and I picked up Kenya late from Kendrick's parents. Erin started another argument with me. I broke my heel on my new Steve Madden boots Kendrick bought me. I missed my hair appointment and I had a unknown scar on my boob. What a day! When everything was over went back to my moms house and I called Kendrick.

"Hello beautiful!" Kendrick said. I heard laughing in the background.

"Hey baby I miss you! Today has been the most crazy day for me..." I said and was cut off when I heard Kendrick laughing and then I heard a female voice.

"Um I guess this ain't the right time! You know what screw you right now. I always have to call you and you can't even engage in a full conversation with me. Boy bye!" I yelled.

"Wait what An-" I hung up on him. I lost it. I was angry and tired. I took a nap just to calm my self down. When I woke up I took a 2 hour shower so that I could get my mind straight. I knew this long distant relationship for me and Kendrick wasn't going to work. I'm trying to hold him down but it's challenging. I guess I needed to go out and do things with myself. So I decided going to the gym would help me out. I got ready and left for the gym by my mothers house called Gold Gym. I never been here before or any gym for that matter. I walked in and paid for a membership. I wanted to try going to gym everyday so I would be busy and do something I like since Kenny's gone. I walked over to the equipment and tried this one funny looking machine. I tried and I started getting irritated because I couldn't work it. Then some guy came behind me and i gasped in shock.

"I'm sorry to scare you but I see you're struggling over here." The man said as he helped me work the machine. He was very handsome. He was dark skin with the most prettiest light brown eyes. He reminded me of Trè Melvin the YouTube personality.

"Thanks so much because I had no idea about this machine. It's my first time here at this gym." I said.

"Nice to meet you the name is Mandela. I actually work here at this gym I teach a class here. You should come visited some time. You seem familiar-poetic justice video!" He said smiling.

"Yeah that's me. Angel Skye." I replied looking at his eyes in awe.

"It was nice to speak you and I hope you come to my class one day. I'm sorry but can I have you number just to talk. I know you are in the relationship with that rapper but it doesn't hurt to talk." He said. I hesitated but he was right it doesn't hurt to talk. I need some communication while Kendrick is gone. So I gave him my number. After I worked out for about 2 hours I waved bye to Mandela who was teaching a workout class. He smiled and waved back. I walked outside and saw Cherry sitting on top of my truck.

"WTH are you doing sitting on my truck? Don't you live in Miami with Wayne?" I asked as I threw my gym bag in the back seat.

"Look your mom does have cancer and Kendrick. I was there when they were discussing it. Doesn't your mom look sick lately. Look I have nothing to lie about." Cherry said smirking as she walked over to a white range rover. I could've whooped her butt myself but I just jumped in my car. I drove back to my moms house. I walked in and saw Erin smoking and she had Kenya in her hand.

"Excuse me don't smoke around my child." I said as I picked up Kenya. Erin rolled her eyes and walked outside to finish smoking. I saw my mom in the kitchen cooking something.

"What's that momma that smells really good?!!!" I asked hugging my mom. I looked in her eyes and she did look sick or tired lately. I thought about what Cherry said. But as quick as that thought came it quickly left. After dinner I saw I had like 10 calls from Kendrick and 5 text messages.

Kenny: What's up?

Kenny: Answer the phone...please!

Kenny: Angel I love you.

Kenny: Call me back!

Kenny: Look I'm sorry for what ever I did!

I ignored them all! I don't know why I was so angry. I bathed Kenya and put her to sleep and I showered and went to bed.

I woke up in the middle of the night to loud coughing. I got up and went into my moms room and I saw her coughing up blood. I rushed over to her and I held her up. I rushed and woke up Erin. Erin came running along with me to help my mom. I picked up Kenya and put her in the car. My poor baby was still knocked out sleeping. Erin drove all of us to the hospital so we could get my mom some medical type of medical attention. We arrived and they got us directly to a room. My mom was looking worried. She looked very sick and frail. Tears started trailing down my cheeks. I was still rocking Kenya. Erin patted my shoulder. The doctor came in.

"Mrs.Skye as you know you are in the last stage of your cancer. So coughing up blood is expected to happen. But-" the doctor said to my mom as I cut him off.

"What last stage?! Mom why didn't you tell me?! You told my husband and y'all kept a secret like this! That girl was right...!" I yelled waking up Kenya a little bit. My mom started crying and I rushed to her side and hugged her. Erin joined in. We all started crying. Why my mom why her?!

"Baby I didn't tell you because I ain't need you worrying about me. I wanted you to get your life right and you did. I have had cancer for 5 years now. I can't cry no more I'm tired. I'm tired just tired!" My mom said looking so weak. I just couldn't bear to see her like that. I gave Kenya to Erin and I ran out the room crying. I bumped into a familiar face.

"I'm so sorry I am-" I said.

"It's okay Angel what happened?" Mandela asked me.

"My mom. I just found out she has cancer and she is at the last stage. She has breast cancer. I just can't let her leave me!" I said as Mandela hugged me. I saw flashes of lights. People were taking pictures of me because I was Kendrick Lamar's wife and I was hugging another dude crying. I didn't care I just needed comforting.

"Wait why are you here Mandela?" I asked him.

"Uh-I am here to visit a friend who was recently injured in a accident." Mandela said nervously. I said goodbye to him and I went back in the room. I saw my mom looking so bad. I wanted to cry. The doctor said my mom could stay at the hospital overnight. I agreed and me and Erin took and Went back home. I couldn't sleep until like a hour later.

At 5:45 am my mom died and coded. When I heard the news I screamed and broke down crying when Erin told me. We just held each other crying. I finally built the courage to call Kendrick.

"Kendrick I'm sorry my mom died today. Baby my mom is gone she is gone. My mom is dead...." I said crying.

"I'm so sorry Angel I really am baby. I am so sorry! It's gonna be okay Angel I promise you that." Kendrick said with his voice crackling. I guess he was saddened too.

"Baby I can't fly just yet back to California but I can fly back for her home going. Okay baby I'm sorry!" Kendrick replied. I dropped Kenya off to her grandparents house and I just stayed at my moms house the rest of the day. I planned her funeral along with Erin. I missed my mom. Why would she not tell me just why wouldn't she?!!