Chapter 18

~PAPA~

I'm now in the middle of vacation. I already finished 2nd year and next week I'll start my 3rd. I'm just staying at home. Well, sometimes, Lance, Cin and Ina pay a visit. At some points they will convince me to go with them. That's just how my vacation runs.

I opened my laptop. I'm aware with those social networks but I'm just really not fond of it. I just have accounts for important matters. I browsed my e-mails and one caught my attention. I opened and read it.

I tapped my fingers over my study table and after a while, I closed it.

I went straight to my bathroom and took a shower. I did everything that I have to do and after, I wore my robe. I went inside my walk-in closet. I took a 3/4 maong dress with a belt then a pair of boots. I wore it and I got out. I faced my whole body mirror. I dried my hair and after, I combed it. I just let it down. I wore my contacts and I put on a light make up. I took my clutch bag. I put my things there including my cellphone. Then I fished out for my sunglasses. I took one last glance at myself before I got out and rode on my car.

I'll pay someone a visit.

***

I pulled over in front of a building. I got out and threw my key to the valet. I did not talk and I walked inside the building. I went straight to the elevator and pressed the floor of his office. I'm glad na walang ibang sumakay. It took a while before it stopped. I got out and walked towards his office, but then, I was stopped by someone.

"Ma'am, do you have an appointment with the President?"she asked.

Kumunot ang noo ko. I faced her. Oh, nagbago na pala sya ng secretary.

I raised my sunglasses and wore it like a hairband.

Nakatitig lang ako sa kanya then I answered.

"Wala."

Kumunot ang noo nya and she dialled someone.

"Hello. There's this girl here that doesn't have an appointment with---"

Napatigil sya sa pagsasalita at nanlalaki ang matang tumingin sakin.

"Ano ba naman? Ba't di nyo ko sinabihan kaagad." Bulong nya dun sa kabilang linya saka ito pinatay.

Humarap sya sakin. Tinaasan ko lang sya ng isang kilay then...

"I'm sorry Miss. Bago lang po kasi ako. Nasa loob po ng office nya ang President." At saka sya yumuko.

I just smirked.

"There's no need to be afraid. I'm harmless. Just bring me a glass of juice and we're even." Then I left her there and walked straight to his office. I opened the door.

I saw him on his back while sitting on his swivel chair.

I sat on the couch just beside his office.

He turned to my direction.

"At last, you payed me a visit."

I just rolled my eyes.

"I received your e-mail."I answered him.

"Of course...I sent it to you so it's given that you're the one who'll receive it."

I chuckled.

"It's still the same, old you. By the way, what's the purpose of that e-mail?" Then I stared at him.

"If you read it, it's already stated."

"So...you're really asking how am I?" And I stood up.

Kumunot ang noo nya.

"What would you expect, it's been a year. At hindi ka nagpaparamdam."

I'm about to speak when someone knocked.

She opened the door, then got in. So...it's my juice. I just motioned her to put it at the center table then she already got out.

I got the glass and took a sip before I asked him.

"So...asan na si Michaella?"

It took a while bago sya sumagot.

"I fired her."

Tiningnan ko sya.

"Why? She's a nice employee."

"Yeah. But she's starting to go against the flow."

I raised my one eyebrow.

"Well...I didn't expect that from her."

"Can we stop talking about her? You're changing the subject."

I chuckled at his burst out.

"Are you really not going to accept the guards? What if they made an attack? What can you do?"

I rolled my eyes and I took another sip. Seconds passed before I spoke.

"Actually, they already did. And you know me. I never want someone underestimating me, Papa."

And with that, I put the glass at the center table and I traced my way towards the door. But before I could walk out.

"See you when I see you." And I just waved him goodbye.

Before I could totally leave this building. I stopped in front of his secretary.

I looked at her eyes.

"Can I get your name?"

Kumunot ang noo nya but she answered.

"Belle Señares, Miss."

I patted her shoulder before I spoke again.

"Thanks. Don't worry. Kinikilala ko talaga ang sekretarya ng papa ko." And I left her there.

I entered the elevator and I pressed groundfloor.

Cruz's is really a big building.