Chapter 15

~THE HOSTAGES~

At the demon's palace...

A man is sitting on his throne. He's just looking straight at the door of the palace while thinking about his plan. He can't wait to taste the success. The door suddenly opened and his knights came inside bringing a man and woman wearing servant's clothes. Their arms are tied and they have metals with chains surrounding their necks.

"Hahaha!"

The man laughed. He's so happy with what he's seeing.

"How are you?"

And he let out a grin.

"What do you think?"

His smile vanished when he heard the hostage's boastful answer. He clenched his fist.

"Really? You still have the guts to act as if you're the king here? You're making me laugh."

The male hostage smirked.

"Why? Isn't that the truth?"

His smile totally disappeared.

"NO!!!"He sharply shouted.

"Yes it is! In fact, I'm really wondering why you're still keeping us. What are you trying to prove? That you can make us kneel in front of you? You're the one whose making me laugh. Maybe you can do that but you can never have the satisfaction. Because whatever happens, that throne only belongs to me! To us! To my family! And it can never be yours!"

The man already stood up and angrily walked towards the hostage.

"You'll never win whatever you do(smirk),"the hostage emphasized.

He's about to punch him when...

"Dad."

He stopped and looked at the owner of the voice.

"Dave."

The boy bowed as a sign of respect.

"Have you found her already?"

The boy stared at him before answering.

"Not yet... but soon."

He looked seriously at the boy.

"Better do it as soon as possible. You can go."

The boy nodded and bowed. He took a short glance at the hostages before he went out.

The man laughed and faced the two again.

"I know your last ace and I will never let her block my way." He boastfully said.

"Oh really? You can't even find her, dumbhead." The male hostage answered.

He sarcastically laughed.

"Who told you that I can't?"

"What do you mean by that?" The female hostage butted in.

"Oh why suddenly curious Eleina?"

She just looked at other direction. "P-please. Just spare her."

He just let out a demonic laugh.

"We if you only chose me,these things will never happen." He said.

"Why can't you just move on? And besides, why will you still let your son find her if you already knew where she is?" The male hostage interrupted.

"It's because I'm not a fool like him and I'm not as stupid as you,Trentax. Get those two back to jail."

The knights started to grab them again but before they can get out, the male shouted.

"Whatever you do, you can never win over her. You can never take this kingdom."

He clenched his fist again. He didn't expect that the attitude of the former king will remain. He gritted his teeth. He called the knights beside him.

"Call some of our men. I want the trained ones."

The knights just nodded before they left.

"No one can stop me because I'll never let that woman interfere with my plans."