Chapter 2

~THE HOUSE~

I was awaken by a strange smell. It's not bad, it's just strange smelling that here and now. In fact, it's delicious and it reminds me that I'm starving. If not with the thought that I'm alone, I already rushed towards the kitchen.

Where is that coming from?

I took a glance at the kitchen door and I heaved a sigh. Maybe, I'm just imagining. I started to remember everything that happened yesterday. It only made me sigh more. Gosh, what am I gonna do now? I'm all alone by myself. Can I really survive? An 8-year old kid? I sighed again. I'm really starving. I don't even know how to cook. I miss Mama, Mom and Dad. I'm about to cry but I managed to control it. I promised mama that I'll be strong and my parents told me to be safe. So, I need to survive. I stood up and walk my way to the kitchen.

I walked with a bowed head towards the kitchen counter. If I don't know, I must learn how. I washed my face and looked at the kitchen utensils. I'm about to start doing my experiment when I noticed one thing. The smell. It's still here.

I turned around to see the dining table.And I'm so shocked with what I saw. There are lots of foods here and they all looked delicious. Who cooked this? I closed my eyes and opened it again but those are still there. I even pinched myself but nothing changed. I walked towards those. I looked at the foods. They're still hot so they're newly cooked. I started doubting. Who could have done this? Are they my enemies? Are they trying to poison me? I breath and I smelled it again. Gosh, it's tempting me. I'm about to turn around when my thoughts and my stomach stopped me. I'm really hungry. So, with a doubting mind and heavy feet, I sat down and started to dig in.

Five minutes had passed and at last, I'm now full. I put the leftovers in the refrigerator. I'm saving it for lunch and dinner. I washed the plates and I decided to go back at the living room to start examining the contents of that bag. I opened it. I saw the five-page letter that Mama Suzy stated yesterday. The phone with the recording is also here. My personal documents are here, too. Mama's right. Everything that I need are here. I started to put everything out until I went to the last piece,

THE MAP.

***

I opened it and I started to look for those stated in it. I began my exploration here in the first floor. I took a glance at the comfort room. Hmmm...not bad, there's a toilet bowl,a shower,lavatory and a bathtub.Then, I looked at the living room, 3-set of sofa and a flat screen television. I saw the stairs for the second floor. Behind it is a cabinet full of displays and pictures. Beside that is a medicine cabinet. Looks like they know that this will happen. I opened it and I saw medicines. Well, what will you expect? But what caught my attention is the button at the upper part. I pressed it and it opened like the ones in dvds. I saw a thermometer lying there. I fished it out and I examined it. What will you expect in an 8-year old kid? Of course, I'm curious. But I was shocked when the end part disattached and I saw a key. Is it normal seeing a key at the other end of a thermometer? But well, this key is for? And then I saw a keyhole. I entered the key there and after a while, I felt the turning of the cabinet. And in a snap, I'm already seeing keys with buttons. I fished one and I pressed the button in it. After that, I heard a noise behind the wall. What is that? I walked away from that and it turned again. I just ignored it and walked towards the other cabinet. I'm examining it when I saw another button at its side. I quickly pressed it and it slided. Then I saw an opening. I was in doubt and fear but I still walked my way in. And it shocked me out when the lights started turning on.

CARS and BIGBIKES?

***

After getting over with those huge things, I started to walk upstairs to the second floor. Three doors welcomed me. The first one is a guest room, I guess. Well it looks ordinary but a little bigger. I also like the design of this house. The other looks like a master bedroom. One king size bed and I can say that it's bigger than the other one. Then I turned to the other door. It's locked so I went for the key first downstairs. When I already entered the key, I decided to turn the knob but, when I was about to do it. The knob started to scan my hand. Is this door kidding me? And I felt it open. For the nth time, I was again shocked. If the two rooms are big, this room is much way bigger. It's like the combination of the two. I scanned the room. One Queen Size bed and everything that will build a perfect bedroom. Wow! I again scanned it and I noticed the two doors. The first one is for the bathroom. I can see that all the luxuries are in this room. Both rooms beside this one has its own CR but I can tell that this is the best. It looks like the one in hotels. Pardon me but I really know a lot of things in my early age because I was taught and oriented about other countries. Mama Suzy is one of my teachers when it came to this matter. So going back, the other door is for my walk-in closet. This one really amazed me. It has everything I need. And when I said everything, nothing's missing, a real EVERYTHING. I roamed around the room until I reached the other part. There's another door. I didn't notice it earlier because it's hidden and it looks like a mirror but if you'll observe, you'll discover it. I opened it and entered. I was shocked when I found myself in an elevator. There's only one button there and it's named TR. I pressed it and I felt it went down. And when it opened, I just discovered that TR stands for training room.

***

Later on, I found myself going upstairs again. I discovered another room behind that walk-in closet. And guess what? It's filled with different gadgets and weapons. This house never failed to amaze me. I just took a cellphone,laptop,tablet and an I-pad. Then I proceeded upstairs to the last floor. I saw 5 doors. One for entertainment. One for the library. The other for the Music Room. The other one for studying, I guess, because it has everything needed for studying such as computer. And there, I discovered that this house has a wifi connection. Great! And the last one is the movie room.

After roaming around, I found myself going back to my bedroom. It's the biggest. And there, I found cards over my bedside table. I think these are bank cards and credit cards.

Well,not so bad. I think I can survive in this house. But sadly, I shall survive alone. And again, I found myself lying down on the bed with tears rolling down my cheeks.

Can I really do it?

I asked before I closed my eyes.