The Cuts

Chapter Six

   I wake up to see my wrist in front of me. I recall what had happened yesterday. I sigh and roll my sleeves down to hide my cuts. I put on a sweatshirt and head to the kitchen. I look to see Jack sleeping on the couch. I grab a pan and put it on the stove. I grab some pancake mix from a cabinet and start to make some pancakes.  I make a plate for Jack and brought it over to him. He wakes up from the smell.
   "Smells really good." He gives a wryly smile to me. I could tell he's still in pain.
   "Here's some pancakes. Hope this makes you feel better." I get up and get ready for school.
   "Hey. I have to go to school for a couple of hours, okay?" He nods as he eats his pancakes.
   I walk into school. I notice that Rosie was crying at a nearby table with her friends. I didn't want to be an ass to her, even though she is one. On the other hand, I didn't want her to be piss at me for bothering her. I just wait until she leaves. I hear something about her though.
   "This can't be. I can't have cancer." I nearly drop my books. This must be why she is so mean. I guess she had the symptoms and got tested. I can't let her know that I over heard her, so I go to class the long way.
   After school, Rosie blocks my way with her friends.
   "Where do you think you're going?" She smirks at me.
   "Home." I can't be mean to her.
   "Look. You're gonna hate me more, but I heard something about you." I shouldn't have said that. She pins me to a wall with anger in her eyes.
   "What did you hear?" I couldn't say it, not now. I sigh.
   "Nothing."
   "That's what I thought." She pushes me to the ground and kicks me in the gut.
   "Ugly slut." They leave and I just sit there, alone and regretful.
   After that happened, I walk home. I open my door to see Jack still there. He seems a little better than before.
"I thought you went home?"
"No. I wanted to wait for you incase something happened to you. Hey, what's on your wrist?" I look down and notice that my sleeves were up.
"Ummm...it's nothing." I say nervously as I roll down my sleeves.. He walks over and grabs my arm. I pull my arm away.
"(Y/N), what's on your wrist?" Jack demands.
"It's nothing!" I snap. He looks at me with a surprise look.
"Just...don't worry, okay? I'm fine." I give a fake smile to him. He looks at me with a worry expression on his face.
"Okay...just...if anything has happened to you, tell me, okay?" I nod. I say goodbye to him and he leaves. After he leaves, I run to the bathroom. I remember that I haven't fix the mirror.
"That's why he stayed here. I'm such an idiot!" I grab my knife, but stop. I keep thinking about what Jack said.
"FUCK!" I threw the knife across the bathroom floor. I begin to cry. I get up and walk to my bedroom. I flop down on my bed. I keep thinking about Jack for some reason.
Why am I thinking about him?
I take my pills and go to sleep.

Hey guys! Sorry if this seems kinda repetitive, but it will get good. Anyways, hoped you enjoyed. Bye!