Taking You Out

Chapter Twelve

"Ugh..." I get up from the couch with a stiff neck. I rub it and go to the kitchen. I grab some milk and cereal and start to eat. I hear Jack's footsteps coming.
"Hey, nice bed head." I laugh as I point to his hair.
"Oh, I'm not the only one with bed head." He points to my head and we start laughing. It feels good to be laughing like this again.
"Hey, are you busy today?" He asks.
"Nope. How come?" I give him a curious look.
"I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight. I know an awesome place where you can sing and stuff!" When I heard the word sing, my heart drops.
"So...you wanna go?"
"Um...I can't sing." I look down to the floor.
"You don't have too. I'm just saying other people will and we can enjoy it together." I smile at him and nod.
"Great! Be ready around seven." He leaves to go record his videos for the day. I actually feel excited for this. I couldn't wait. I watch the clock as it slowly moves.
It's five in the evening. I take a shower. I put on a blue flannel, black sweatpants, some black sneakers, and a black beanie. I grab my phone and wait on the couch. Since Jack was taking a while, I decide to check my social media stuff. It has been a while since a lot of people were saying mean stuff to me. I look and see some more hateful comments. I keep scrolling. I felt like I'm on the verge of tears. Then, a hand puts down my phone and wraps their arms around me. It's Jack.
"Just ignore those people. Let's have a good time out." He whispers in my ear. I blush. I grab his hand and we walk out the door.
We arrive at a bar with a restaurant in it. We sit at the counter and order some beer.
"Hey, I'll be right back." I nod and Jack gets up. The lady serving us came over.
"You guys together?" I feel my face burn. I shake my head. She nods and takes care of another customer. Jack comes back.
"Are you okay? Your face is burning red." I nod. This is just great.
"Okay! It's time for some karaoke. First on our list is...(y/n) (l/n)." I nearly spit out my drink. I look over to Jack. He has a smirk on his face. He nudges me to go up. I went up and feel my stage fright show up.
"And what will you be singing today?" I told them my song and they begin to play it.

"Everything's Alright" From To The Moon sung by Laura Shigihara from the game To The Moon

Short steps, deep breath
Everything is alright
Chin up, I can't
Step into the spotlight
She said, "I'm sad"
Somehow without any words
I just stood there
Searching for an answer

When this world is no more
The moon is all we'll see
I'll ask you to fly away with me
Until the stars all fall down
They empty from the sky
But I don't mind
If you're with me, then everything's alright

Why do my words
Always lose their meaning
What I feel, what I say
There's such a rift between them
He said, "I can't
Really seem to read you"
I just stood there
Never know what I should do

When this world is no more
The moon is all we'll see
I'll ask you to fly away with me
Until the stars all fall down
They empty from the sky
But I don't mind
If you're with me, then everything's alright

Everyone claps to me. I didn't know people actually like my voice. I run off the stage and into Jack's arms. He let's go and I start to blush.
"That was amazing!" He gives me a smile, thankfully not noticing me blushing.
"Thanks!" We decide to leave on that note. As we began to leave, I feel light headed. I wobble as I walk.
"Umm (y/n), are you okay?" I nod. Then, I collapse to the floor, coughing. Then, I see blackness.

Hey guys! Sorry if you don't like this song, but I like it. You can replace the song if you want, but I am just gonna keep it there. Enjoy the song! Anyways, hoped you enjoyed. Bye!