Death pt. 1

The sunlight slowly crept into Cecily's room from her window. She tried to hide from it behind her pillow, but the rays were too bright to extinguish.

Even though the light coming through warmed Cecily's skin, she shivered from the spring cool air, her fire had gone out over night.

"Sarah, could you have someone start a fire please?" Cecily asked.

"Yes me Lady," she replied.

Cecily got out of her bed and headed over and grabbed a rob and put it on before sitting at her vanity.

Her black long curls were unruly from her slumber, and she sighed as she touched the faint hand print bruise on her neck that the King and given her just a few days ago. It reminded her of the guards that had attacked her, and she shuttered at the thought.

Since it had happen the King had sent jewels and gifts to show his remorse to Cecily, but she knew he wasn't sorry; he was mentally ill and thought he could do whatever he wanted if he in his mind made it right.

Although Cecily knew she would forgive him to keep her plan going, she still wanted to start distancing herself from him; slowly but surely. Sometimes she even wondered if in the end this was all worth it just to avoid Narcisse.

Lately the king had been even more impatient and unpredictable than ever. Cecily had noticed his mental state detertiating over the past couple months, but now it was becoming a problem.

The King had been so infatuated with Cecily that he waited upon her and treated her more kindly than others. He even agreed to keep their relationship private because she wanted too. Cecily worried though that his lust was too close to jealousy though now.

Cecily watched a servant tend to her fire as another started to prepare her wardrobe for the day. She had picked out a low cut purple dress with flowing silk sleeves.

"The sun might be shining but do you forget it is still quite chilly outside? I'd like something with a high collar, and warmer arms," Cecily told her.

Cecily watched the servant look her over quickly, pausing her eyes for a moment on her bruises before nodding and pulling out a different dress to fit Cecily's request. Cecily moved her hair closer to her neck self-consciously.

Cecily started brushing her hair but turned to the doorway as she heard a someone enter.

"My Lady, Queen Mary request you meet her in the stables for a ride," an envoy told her.

"Thank you," Cecily replied before he took his leave.

Cecily finished fixing up her hair before and stood as Sarah brought over the outfit she would be wearing today.

Sarah extended her arms with the dress in hand, but pulled back a little when Cecily went to grab it.

"My Lady I know it is none my business, but do ye ever think there is a point when enough is enough, and ye have to accept ye fate?" Sarah was a servant closer to her than most. The same servant that had encouraged Cecily to get over Bash. 

Although Cecily tried to stay private, her close maids and household workers secretly knew what was going on.

Sarah was referring to Cecily sharing a bed with the King in order to put off her marriage to Narcisse.

Cecily saw her eyeing her bruises.  She instantly wanted to tell Sarah to mind her own business, but she knew how much Sarah loved her. 

Over the years she had been there through everything. When her mother passed, the loneliness she felt growing up, when Bash broke her heart and now her affair with the King and forced marriage with Narcisse. She was the closest thing Cecily had to a mother.