Chapter 9- Suspicion

I saw Ren's shoulders stiffen. He clearly had not expected me to give in.

I hadn't expected me to either...

All of a sudden he was on his feet and standing in front of me, rigid. I noticed now that he didn't have his mask on and a long jagged scar ran down the side of his face, mauling his once nearly perfect facial structure.

"You think I could be so stupid as to actually believe you?" He growled as I saw hurt flash in his eyes.

He knew I was telling the truth... He could read my thoughts, I wasn't able to fake them. Not easily...

I swallowed my acrimony and repugnance as I came closer to him, so that I was no more than a few inches from him. I looked up at him stubbornly.

"See for yourself." I whispered as I tried not to grimace. I was inviting him into my cognizance, something I never dreamed I would do especially for him.

I squinted my eyes shut as I prepared for the pain that came with him digging into my mind, just like he had when he had when he was searching for the plans, but none came.

I peeled open an eye to see that not only had he neither moved towards or away from me, but he harbored a smug smirk on this lips.

"If I'm going to train you, I shouldn't have to look into your mind to detect your candor. I should be able to trust you." His whole stature had relaxed as he spoke casually, as if I had not scarred his face.

"And you should trust me just the same." He whispered as he stroked my chin absentmindedly and his stare, no longer hostile, bore down on me.

It took all my strength to not recoil from his touch, but I wasn't quick enough to stop my distaste from reaching my thoughts.

Pain flashed in his eyes as he dropped his hand and looked away, anger returning to his posture.

"Come. Snoke will want to meet you." He growled as he snatched my wrist and began to pull me out of the room violently. "You'd better hope he's as gullible as I am." He muttered quietly without sparing a glance at me.

I didn't answer, just stained to keep my subconscious quiet.