Chapter 12- Despair

It's amazing how simply changing your outfit can gain you significantly less hostile glares from the storm troopers.

They stare, but not as if they wanted to kill me. They look more... Scared.

They were scared of me.

Absolutely not. I'm sure it was just Kylo. His cold gaze alone was enough to give anyone chills.

"It's because you're with me now." I jumped when he spoke above me, but he just smirked down at me. I opened my mouth to scold him for prying in my mind again, but he cut me off impatiently. "Are you going to get your food or not?"

My mouth snapped shut as I nodded and blindly picked random food to put on a plate. I had no idea what most of it was, considering I was used to eating nothing but rations and other bland food.

I followed Ren out of the cafeteria and towards a padded room filled with dummies and targets.

"Beautiful spot to eat." I snipped sarcastically as I sat on a bench and began eating.

"Well I'm not eating that repulsive slime, but you can eat it if you want." As he spoke he was undoing his many layers of robe casually, until finally he was left only in a tight cut sleeve shirt that rose past his neckline. I had to tear my gaze away from his lean figure.

"We don't have all day. Hurry up." He growled impatiently.

I quickly shoveled some food in my mouth before standing and shedding a layer of my clothing so that I was left with only the wrap around my chest and slacks.

Of course I was probably just as fit as he was considering I had been forced to fend for myself and had been scavenging all my life. So I was not ashamed of my toned stomach or my prevalent biceps.

I felt his gaze roam over my torso, but I ignored him as he stood with a large cushion. 

"Show me what you got, scavenger scum." He smirked at me as he stood at the ready.

His insult didn't hurt as much as it sparked the anger I had been lacking towards him recently

I quickly threw a few punches, to which Ren barely budged underneath.

"Come now. Is that the best you can do?" He taunted as he looked at me over the mat.

I sucked in a deep breath as I delivered a few more blows, and this time he actually stumbled slightly.

"Now that I have your attention, the real training can begin." He spoke gravely as he tossed the mat aside and used the force to bring both our lightsabers to him. Throwing mine to me the second it had touched his fingertips.

The moment it had settled in my palm he had activated his cross guard and was already advancing on me.

I immediately activated my duel blade and threw it up in front of my face to block his attack.