Chapter 7 - Deceit and Trickery.

Daniel's POV:

I awake and I'm instantly thrown back into the reality of my pathetic life. Mariam, I think to myself while rubbing my forehead. Did I regret meeting her? I chuckle as I knew the exact answer to that question but I missed her and the fact that I walked around my house like a besotted fool proved it to everyone else just how much I needed her. Just how much I missed her. I let my stupid pride get in the way. Get in the way of the only girl I have ever loved. I should have chased her that day, pulled her close and told her that I couldn't live without her. That life without her was simply unimaginable.  

I let my head rest underneath my duvet which felt snug and warm until I felt a hand, pulling me in and making circles on my chest. And then, I heard a female giggling.

No.

No, this could not be happening, I told myself.

Without another thought I instantly leapt out of my bed and pulled the covers off the stranger that obviously thought it was okay to be residing next to me. 

Surprise, surprise. 

The woman laying underneath the sheets was Scarlett. "We had such a greaaat time yesterday Daniel." she purred and  giggled.

"No." I roared slamming my fist on the table next to me. "What on earth did you do to me?" I demanded clasping her hands and shaking her.

"What is wrong with you? we had fun last night after the party and then we came back here. You know, rekindled our love?" she was reaching over and stroked my face. I was walking away from her but she still followed. Did she honestly have a death wish?

My room was messy and my clothes were all laying on the floor next to Scarlett's. Then the realization hit me like a ton of bricks. Scarlett had a best friend who was none other than the infamous drug dealer - Riley. I feel my head spin and barely being able to shake her off, Scarlett steadies me and puts my body on to the bed. I stare at her evil eyes and wonder if she really could be that sick? that desperate? I marvel.

No, she couldn't. 

Only one way to find out.

"Scar, you didn't drug me did you?" I say cautiously looking into her velvety blue eyes. Scarlett had a figure that was striking and resembled a model's body. Her blonde hair and blue eyes made her appear to look strikingly like Taylor swift - even more beautiful, if that was possible. But despite the beauty she lacked something else. Personality, emotion and feelings. Her eyes were like staring into a blue ocean. Beautiful yet empty.

Scarlett was looking at me intently then started giggling with one hand on her perfectly trimmed stomach. "Don't be so serious, Danny." she pouted "We had a little fun yesterday and okay, so maybe Riley was involved." I could feel my blood boiling, my nose flaring and my anger reaching new heights. I felt like any minute now I would erupt like a volcano. But before I could react, the door swung open and my father walked in. My face turned into a bright, red, crimson colour. Could this day get any worse? "Breakfast in bed" he said grinning. My father was clearly trying to punish me because of his declining poll votes. Oh well, I sighed. As far I was concerned, he was getting everything he deserved for the way he treated Mariam - If not less.

"Get up." my father barked in a demanding tone "We're going to watch the horse racing today. We need to display a united front and you..." he trailed off and pointed at me accusingly "need to show that you've got a new girlfriend."

I got up and met my father's wrinkled and brooding eyes and simply laughed. I laughed and laughed like I haven't in weeks. "You honestly think you can order me around like a little boy?" I stopped for effect looking at them both with challenging eyes "And you think I would ever, ever do anything for you? I lost the one person I loved in this world because of you." I shot back at him looking disgusted.