Chapter 11 - Nightmare Awakening.

The Nightmare Awakening.

 Daniel's POV:

I awake in a daze and rub my eyes as the harsh sun light was trying so hard to get right inside my eyes and groan. I haven't felt this bad since...well, never. I can barely open my eyes or lift my fingers and then that's when the realization hits me that I barely recall what happend the past few days but I was in pain. I was seriously in pain and I felt like I was literally on the verge of dying. Suddenly, I feel my body jolt forwards and backwards and as I open my eyes and realize that I am in a moving vehicle with two men with shaved heads sitting in the front that I have never seen before. One of the bald men had a tattoo curving around his thick neck that read "The good die young and that's why I'm still alive." he chuckles as though he can hear the fear erupting through my body. A voice in my head roared "Run!" while another desperately pleaded "Where?"

I look around desperately and think of a way to escape. I tug on the door handle as quietly as possible careful not to alarm the criminals sitting in front as I had a feeling I was walking on thin ice right now and any slip up could lead to me being buried alive. I keep tugging but the door handle appears locked and I desperately dart my eyes around the car for some kind of weapon that would help me escape and that's when the memories come flooding back. "Mariam, you don't understand!" I scream in the thumping rain as I realize the two men sitting in the front seats were none other than those who attacked me before. I look around frantically and discover that I am in London again and let out a cry for help and bang on the windows...wrong move.

"I see you've awoken from your coma, son." tattoo man says with a menacing smile and a rough pat on the shoulder and I can't help but squirm which makes his smile even wider. 

"Coma?" I blurt squeakily. I couldn't remember what happened after the night I passed out but the only thing I could remember is the horror and anxiety that I felt before I passed out as buckets of rain fell on my face and blood gushed out of my head.

The two men both turn away and ignore me and turn the volume up on the radio as a heavy rock metal song plays. I closed my eyes and pray for the first time since I was seven "Please, God...let this be a dream." and I open my eyes again and I am met by tattoo man's laughing expression and I grunt fighting back the terror I was feeling. I had to be strong. The other bald man seemed to be taking orders on the phone "Yes, Mr James. Were on our way right now." he said with a curled smile on his face.

Surprise, surprise. The mastermind behind this evil plan was my father. I felt sick to my stomach.

I suddenly feel a rough slap on my face and open my eyes realizing that I had probably fell into a dreamless sleep after the anxiety I was feeling had worn me out. I desperately try to open my eyes that felt like they were glued together and look up and am met with Scarlett's smirking expression and my father's boisterous voice "Welcome home and good morning son!" he chirped loudly and a little too cheerfully for my liking as I had a headache that a whole pack of paracetamol couldn't cure. Any other day, any other time I would've demanded answers and demanded what the hell my father and Scarlett thought they were playing at but as I was worse for wear and I didn't have the strength nor the energy to do so. 

Before I could protest I was being lead up to my room by Scarlett who could barely hold me up and kept clawing her red and long manicured nails into my palms. "Ow!" I groaned and closed my eyes that felt extremely heavy. "Sorry, baby." she giggled. As soon as my head hit the pillow I once again fell into a dreamless sleep and didn't awake again until it was pitch black outside. I glanced over groggily to my clock on the bedroom table that read 01:01 AM. 

I could hear owls hooting and birds chirping outside and a man and woman laughing outside while the woman's heels tapped across the floor loudly. I sighed and tried to steady myself off my capacious bed and walked towards my wardrobe reaching out for a black sweater and throwing on my grey jeans and a pair of black socks. I didn't feel better exactly but at least I was well enough to walk around the house. Walking down the spiral staircase and into the kitchen I reached for a glass and poured myself a glass of water. I sat on a stool with a blank expression and pondered my next move and realized that I hadn't seen my mother since I had arrived nor did I see while being led out of the black BMW vechile that I pulled up in. Hmm, I thought. She's probably upstairs, right? I asked myself but realised I was just trying to make myself feel better.

Walking up the stairs two at a time and running across the hallway I walk to my mother's bedroom and try to turn the handle but it's locked. "What the hell?" I whisper to myself. My mother never locked the door as far as I could remember. I try once again but the handle doesn't budge. Grunting I run back down the stairs and reach for a kitchen knife and race back up the stairs again and finally, the door swings open after a few tries with the kitchen knife. The door opens and it seems that a figure is laying beneath the sheets that looked different. "Mum?" I ask a little worried.

No reply. "Mum?" I try again but my voice was shaking as I had feeling that something incredibly weird and wrong was going on in this house. My hands shake and my palms sweat as I take the sheets off the bed and to my horror no-one is lying there.

"Mum?" I scream. What happened to my mum? Did my father do something to her? this wasn't a joke anymore. God knows it was far from funny. My father walks into the room clutching on to Scarlett's waist as it dawns on me that my father was having an affair. I was strong but for some reason tears began streaming down my face. I thought despite their broken relationship I could always rely on them being together.

Well, I was really wrong.

"Let's play hide and seek with mommy, Danny." my father chirps with a playful tone and holding a pistol in his hand.

I glance around the room frantically with my bloodshot brown eyes and suddenly feel dizzy and the room begins to spin and before I knew it, I was unconscious again. 

Let the games begin.

(A/N WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? LET ME KNOW. SORRY IT'S A LITTLE SHORT. MWAH LOVE YOU GUYS!)