Ch. 21

next day*
Casey walked me back to the lair after breakfast. Donnie had yet to message me but I wasn't all that worried. I was more scared to face the turtles when I got back. "You coming in case?" I asked at the entrance. "Na I'm good have to go try my school work." Casey said Patton my back and taking off back into the sewers. I took a deep breath before walking in not managing to advoid a trip wire. Suddenly I was drenched in arctic cold water. "MIKEY!" I shouted shivering. "Lily? What's the matter?" Donnie said running out of the lab while Leo popped  his head out of his room, raph stepped out of the dojo, and Mikey looked out sheepish from the kitchen. I just glared at Mikey and let Donnie embrace me. "Mikey you know she hates being cold!" Donnie chided while raph started chasing after Mikey. "Go dry off, dont need donnie going nuts from you catching a cold." Leo said sternly. I simply nodded water still dripping from me. I went into my room shivering barely managing to shake off Donnie. "Typical boys" I muttered shedding my wet clothes and drying off with a towel. I threw on a pair of über fuzzy pajamas before stepping out. And as soon as my door opened Donnie was hovering making sure I was fine while raph held Mikey by his mask. "I'm sorry lily it wasn't ment for you! Your my best prancing buddy I would never purposely prank you unless you started it!" Mikey said frantically. "It's all good. Next time not ice water okay? And mr techno please stop hovering your as bad as my uncle!" I said laughing and facing Donnie. "I can't see if my girl is alright? I was so worried!" Donnie said. "I know you sat on the roof tops all night." I said with a laugh placing a kiss on his cheek. "Told you she would know." Raph said letting Mikey go. "But but how?" Donnie stuttered. "Ninja in training. I snuck out to stretch my wings. After all the healing I just needed a good fly in the night over the cramped space in the dojo." I said smugly. "Don let it go. She's home now no damage done. Now go cuddle and watch a movie you two love birds." Raph said nudging us away. I smiled and led Donnie to the living room and curled up. "Your not mad at me are you?" Donnie asked pulling me into his side. "No I'm glad you want to protect me. You know Casey won't let anything happen to me right?" I asked looking up at him. "I know." He whispered into my hair. "Good and my uncle is the greatest! Hopefully one day you guys will meet him!" As I started gushing about my newfound family. "Are you going to stay there permanently lily?" Mikey asked softly. "Well mikester I haven't gotten that far. It would be a nice retreat from here though. Just something different plus he's family!" I said kindly before snuggling under a blanket.