Ch. 16

*donnies pov*
I carefully carried lily, whose breathing was very shallow, into my lab my brothers following closely. Leo and raph cleared one of my tables and I gently laid her on it. I looked her over. Her once majestic wings were cross hacked with burn marks and cuts the pale feathers stained red and black. Her wrists red and raw I gently rolled up her shirt and hissed in anger. Her abdomen was burned. "Leo can u hold her on her side for me? I need to see her back." I whispered. Leo rushed over and gently rolled her to her side. Lifting her shirt I took note of the burned flesh that was in tatters from something. "I need to get her clean. I don't want an infection setting in." I said. "Want me to call April? She could help as lily is a girl" splinter said softly from the doorway taking in lily's burned and broken body. "Yes, also raph and mikey could you bring the spare tub and fill it with warm water please?and hurry!" I said.

Soon enough Raph and Mikey had the tub in and finished filling it as April came in. "What's the emergency?" April asked before she took in lily's form. "I need help cleaning her as well she's a girl" I said blushing. "Oh of course!" April exclaimed rolling up her sleeves as I left. "She's really light so she won't be too heavy for you." I said before closing the door. I paced by the door nervous my brothers watching me carefully. When April opened the door I rushed in. Lily was dried off carefully and laid back on the table with the fire blanket covering her body. "Her leg is broken and maybe a rib or two. Her back and wings are the worse off. Ill help u if u need me too. I know you like to do it by yourself." April said sitting in the spiny chair that lily always sits in. I nodded before grabbing the burn salve, Anti Bactria cream, the stuff to set her leg. And bandages lots of bandages.
...
After many hours her leg was set and she was wrapped almost head to toe in bandages even her wings were wrapped. April had to help me with her chest as one rib was cracked slightly. April had left and now I was alone with lily. I dipped the edge of a clean cloth into the cup beside me and dripped water between her lips. I heard a knock on the door. "Open!" I called intent on my task so she didn't choke on the water. "Donnie think she could handle this?" Mikey asked showing me a bowl of of chicken broth. "She might. It couldn't hurt." I said handing him another clean cloth. I showed him what to do with it. And sat back when it was his turn. He dipped the end in the broth and holding the tip over her lips he squeezed a drop between them. He did it so carefully that I smiled. My eyes started to slide shut I was exhausted as I got no sleep sence lily got home. "Rest ill keep an eye on her." Leo said behind me. I nodded and let my eyes close shut.