Ch 9

*lilys pov*

I was sleeping soundly when Mikey ran in. "Hurry up Leo called about smoke!" Mikey shouted causing me to jump. "I'm up I'm up!" I said following him out and tripping over the step. I braced for impact but felt strong arms stop me. "Careful lily." Donnie said helping me up. I smiled but Mikey raced back in. " hurry up!" He shouted pushing us. We hopped into the shell raiser I drove this time. And soon we were at the park and we hoped out of the shell raiser. Flames circled a large tree an oddly enough the fire department was not there yet. Leo walked up to us. "It's the only thing burning." Leo said. I walked towards the tree touching my necklace my wings unfurled and I flew up a bit. I squinted through the flames trying to find what caused the fire. high up in the tree there was a person. looking closer on the branch was my step mother. "Hello lily long time no see." Diana said with a chuckle. "What happened?" I asked. "Later." She said as she launched ropes or flame at me. I tried to get away but her ropes wrapped around me I screamed from the pain as the fire burned my feathers. I was pulled into the fiery tree I looked down and the boys were fighting the foot. Then Diana leapt down and ran off with me. I blacked out from the pain and my last sight was of the tree falling towards the boys.

•authors note•

Sorry it's kinda short. I wanted to get what I had written out for you guys. Whatcha think? The evil stepmother returns! I'm not sure when I will get the next part up. Hopefully by Sunday if it all works out. I just started my senior year of high school so I may get swamped with school work. Well it's late my lovely readers. And my little bro has a football game tomorrow! Night!