Chapter Seventeen.

A couple of days later....

Today Is the pool party at Phoebes!

I'm still so buzzed about the whole promposal that happened a couple of days ago, well of course I would why wouldn't I?

Life seems to be pretty good for me lately.

I have an amazing bunch of friends , a hottie that is my boyfriend after a long time , school is great currently with a little bit of drama but it would be boring with out it and myself actually being in a happy place instead of being constantly being stressed out also being just generally not happy. Thankfully all that is in the past and it's the Easter holidays which means closer to Summer.

****

I have got my bikini on under my clothes because that's a smart thing to do. I have my bag packed with the essentials , Sun cream is a big one because of my lovely pale complexion and a towel of course. I manage to persuade my dad to drop me off at Phoebes because I'm too lazy to walk a couple of streets in this heat.

When I get there I'm obviously greeted by Phoebe , all these banners and tons of balloons everywhere. I immediately pull her into a hug and she is wearing a bikini with a cover up over it with a huge sun hat and flip flops. She has already got the music blasting from her huge speakers so the vibes are making me want to party even more.

I hear the door bell go and Phoebe rushes to open it. When she does I yell at the top of my lungs "PARTY!". Which is replied with huge roars and yells from the people at the front door including the whole football team and some of my friends. Also a few randomers that just felt like turning up which didn't phase Phoebe.

Half an hour in too partying so far so good , no one is fighting but that's probably because of no Blair and no Drake. We are all partying , dancing our butts off because everyone needs to school is too bloody stressful and I'm wearing a short dress with long sleeves and lace around the top section so its a struggle to dance without having to pull it down but the price to look good.

Most of my friends are wearing similar dresses , Callie is wearing a mint dip hem dress , Rose is in a red skater dress , Alice was wearing a floral dress that keep to above the knee , Poppy was wearing low waisted jeans with a striped top , Katrina was in a short black dress with a chunky gold necklace , Alex with a short black glittery dress and last but not least as I see Riley walk in with a casual white shirt that's un buttoned and with casual swim shorts, I melt. I felt like running into his arms but one that's sort of cringey and two I'm wearing a short dress that would not end well.

I suddenly see people looking in my direction as he walked towards me. My face has never been so pink in my life. Instead of the way I had imaged it would be , he just pulled me in for a meaningful hug which was a good close second and whispered into my ear "Looking good". I whisper back "not bad yourself I'm sure the other girls can agree". I smile at this and he does a cheeky grin.

I then hear big shouts of "fight , fight".

Of course there are two guys fighting because of course someone had snuck in alcohol we are all nearly 16 and its already happening. Riley runs off to go break it off because he recognises one of the guys at the party....

Of course it is the guy I invited out of pity and also because I missed not talking to him.

Jaspar Cooper.

I wait till Riley has helped break up Jaspar and this random guy's fight before I went over.

When I get closer to Jaspar he has a black eye, well turns out that random guy was on the rugby team... worst guy to have a fight with if you ask me. I take him to the bathroom to help calm down the swelling of his eye. I take my towel and wet it with some water out of the tap. Then give it too him to hold to his eye.

"Of all the guys you had to fight they had to be on the rugby team" I say trying to make light of the situation.

"He had it coming , I managed to bust his lip that will do me"

"What did he do?"

"He was making fun of my sisters suicide the sick cunt , saying how I might as well of done it and all this bull."

"I can understand why you got so angry then , I wouldn't listen to him as you had said sick cunt."

I then heard a knock at the door.

I quickly opened it.

There was Riley.

"Hey are you okay Jaspar? , you're eye doesn't look so good".

"It stings like hell but ill be alright might even wear a snazzy eye patch".

"You're so strange Jaspar anyways what's up Riley?".

"Well everyone is doing a game of spin the bottle so I thought you wanted to come?".

"Yeah I'm sure we can come , you up for it?".

"Yeah I'm sure I can cope with a game of spin the bottle."

"Okay meet you's in the living room then".

"Yeah we will be right through".

We walk through the living room door to meet all of our friends. Some one had found an empty bottle of cider so we just used that.

***

The room was silent as the bottle spun round and round.

Everyone else was outside at the pool so it was just us.

Phoebe had spun the bottle since she was the host so she felt it was her job to do.

It lands on Riley.

I can already feel my blood pressure going higher but I remind myself it was just a game.

The bottle is then spun again and it lands on Tyler.

I calm because I know that neither of them would go for it so instead they blow kisses to each other instead.

The bottle is then spun again.

Uh oh great , its me.

I didn't really want to kiss anyone , well of course Riley not in front of everyone though.

It then lands on the worst person it could.

Jaspar.

I don't see the harm in it , its a game just play along for a laugh so I do.

It is a quick kiss of course , but 2 seconds too long for Riley.

Riley stands up , rushes out of the door and I'm left sitting there not knowing what to do.

I then get the "Get you're ass up" look from mostly everyone so I rush up and go out the door.

It is such a big house and I've probably went up the same corridors like 10 times but I stay down stairs until I feel myself getting a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I rush upstairs to check the bedrooms there's like 6 bedrooms.

I come to the first one and turn the handle.

There he is sitting on the bed kissing a girl that I recognise from gymnastics.

I stare for a good 10 seconds then I slam the door.