Chapter One.

It was a clear sunny day , in Brooklyn and I was walking my dog in the park. The air was frosty , crisp I could feel my hands starting to go numb and my cheeks starting to go red. I could feel something in the air just like I had imagined I knew something was going to happen. My dog , Pom started barking and I was on the ground in the park some how I had tripped over a god damn massive pine cone and had landed on my back. Then I looked up and I could hear someone near me. "Hey are you okay?" he said in a mild American accent. I was immediately caught off guard by the accent because Im still not used to it, even after living here for 2 years this April. I originally come from London so its a big change. I smile weakly as he hands out his hand to help me up but all he does is laugh. "So how did you manage to end up on the ground, eh what's your name?", When I finally get it together I say "Yeah I'm alright just very clumsy , Im Arabella". "I can tell , Im Jaspar " he says with a big grin.

His hair is a mess of curls all kind of controlled in a messy quiff , its dirty blonde, and he has the brightest blue eyes. Once he has lifted me up I realise that I've been staring into his eyes all this time and of course I have lost my dog. I jump out of my dreaming and shout
"oh fuck , my dog!". I see a horrified expression on Jaspars face but it doesn't last long it quickly changes to a grin like before.
"Well I suppose I got to help you find your dog or else you'll probably trip over your dog and lose it again!". "What's your dogs name?" he says before setting off to run to find it. "Pom , don't ask I find the name cute " I say showing my nerves too much.

As he runs away to help find Pom, I can tell that he has a kind of indie vibe about him like he doesn't care what people think yet he is just so cool and im pretty much memorized. I keep being a awkward creature and just stand there staring oh dear if someone could of watched this encounter they would probably be cringing at me. He turns back to see if im following him but of course im still where I had started ,
"come on then!" he says rather confused but amused. "yeah , yeah just coming!" I say feeling very embarrassed. Once I catch up to him I feel my cheeks go red ,
"hey are you embarrassed or really unfit?" he says with a cheeky smile.
" Erm a bit of both to be honest". We then start talking while we are walking to find Pom , Jaspar had given up on the idea of running after Pom because he would then run away from him.
"So tell me about yourself, Miss Clumsy Arabella" he says.
"Well there isn't a whole lot to say , Im 15 , I'm clearly a natural brunette but felt like trying out this lilac hair situation, erm I'm very clumsy as you know and very open minded" I say trying to sound as confident as I can. "Well that is quite a lot of information I feel like I know your whole life story now!" he says sarcastically.
"Well if you're so good about talking about yourself then you're up!" I say confidently.
"Well okay then!, I enjoy a lot of indie bands mostly maybe a little bit of rock just depends on my mood , I hate my curly hair it has a mind of its own (he says while battling to control it) and that's all you need to know for now" he says while doing a subtle wink.

At the corner of my eye I spot Pom with a big stick in his mouth just sitting waiting on me to come back just like he was probably there all that time.
"Urgh Pom you little devil!" I say relieved but annoyed at the same time.
"You have one smart dog there!" he says while bending down to pat Pom. He then quickly checks his phone , "Uh oh I got to go meet my mates , I'll see you around hopefully?" with a hopeful expression the kind that a dog would give you if it wanted the last dog treat. "Maybe" I say while grinning like a Cheshire cat. He waves goodbye and smiles.