Chapter Twenty-Three.

A Day Later
Alice's POV

I wake up with a gasp, and the first thing I notice is the classic hospital smell of disinfectant and the miserable atmosphere created by sick people they can never seem to get rid off. The next thing I notice is the stiff agony in my cheek, as though my skin has been stretched to near bursting point, my fingers jerk to the side of my face and trace the line of tight stitches down my cheek as I slowly begin to remember the details of the last day.

What happened the day of the crash.
Everyone is happy dancing and listening to music. When the other car collided with our car and the police told us the person in the opposite car ran away. So no one knows who the person is. Who would want to have that much of an effect on us basically sending us to our deaths , when we haven't deserved it. The car is now completely wrecked but at least we all made it safely out of the car. The jeep which belongs to Jaspar who is still recovering got shouted at for having it wrecked. Like it was even his fault. Riley still blames him for crashing the car but now we know that the other person either did it on purpose or was being irresponsible he might calm down.

Present
We are all in the hospital , some of us are in the same ward and others are not. Near me is Jaspar , Alice and Callie. The rest are away having surgery and tests. This is the first time I've ever been in hospital and I hope it's the last because this is awful just lying here , being helpless and don't forget the boredom. I keep having a sense of paranoia that there could be someone out there. When all of my friends recover there's no choice in the matter. We are going to find out who did this and give them what they deserve. To rot in jail.

I then attempt to sit up but the pain I feel kills me. I look over to see Alice react with such agony which of course is all down to her injury. I attempt to call out to her to tell her its going to get better but when I try to my throat comes out with a noise that it isn't what id expect to hear. I then try again but every time the words don't come out. Alice then looks over at me to see where the noise had came from and when she realises its me struggling to speak she immediately calls over a nurse. When the nurse comes over I stare at her bewildered that I cant talk a function I've never not been able to do.  "It's okay Arabella , in the crash you damaged your throat intensively which has now caused you to only hopefully be temporarily mute" explains the nurse. My eyes then feeling like they are bursting out of my sockets, with the amount of shock I am currently in. My mind immediately goes to if the temporarily becomes permanent. How life would be so scary if that were the case because then life would never be the same.

Jaspar then wakes up because of my dreadful noise I managed to make. All I can manage to give Jaspar is my continued horrified facial expression.  He then attempts to get out of bed to go , try to help me somehow or just console me but as he tries he realises he's connected to a lot of wires so it really wouldn't be that amazing of an idea. My attention then all goes to what the nurse which is checking up on my breathing and throat is doing.

A nurse rushes over to Jaspar to prevent him from doing anything stupid. Then my focus goes to the ward door expecting another friend to come in and be healthy and well. I watch the door for hours on end , only ever sharing my gaze with the television for a few minutes or directing it to my friends. My head feels like its going into overdrive with the constant movement in my vision. Until hours later a hospital bed gets rushed and when I sit up more to familiarise myself with the person my hopes don't always come true.