Where it Begins

I could hear them breathing in the dark room. They bound me with chains, my body bared. At some point, I had been branded with an iron like cattle. The scar still tender as the men watched me. I was but a mere child then.

Young, unsure of the future, unsure that I would even get out of that place. It looked bleak for me. I was sure I was to die there, after all the tests, the experimenting, the pain... No...

I refuse to be some cult's plaything any longer...the time to show my true power is now. Yes... I will avenge my family and be free. I will rise and overcome them.

    These people had killed my family. They took them and slaughtered them mercilessly. In an attempt to find whatever it was they were looking for, they took me.

   I fought and cried as they stripped me, putting the shackles on me and blindfolding me. Then they gagged me, telling me that screaming won't help. After seeing all of that, what else could I do? 

   It had seemed like all of Aito was ablaze that day, and rumors flew faster than anything I ever knew. It would be seconds before a new person would hear of the news. The family murdered, did anybody survive, what becomes of the mansion, no, the mansion was burned, even the King and Queen could offer no help, and the like.