Scar of the Damned

I kept looking at it...the scar.

It was wrinkled, and tough, but you could see the raised skin in that god-awful design. How could something so miniscule cause so much trauma? As if it weren't bad enough, the skin tended to peel every now and again. Sometimes it would hurt, and I could not bear to move. It was in those times I did not even want to get out of bed. Sebastian and the staff tried to make me feel better, and God knows Kain didn't help; bless his heart.

Today had been one of those days. "Aria, I mean, Miss Aria... You should be happy." I grumbled. "I'm not sad, Kain, I'm in pain. There is a difference between the two." He sighed. "Well, I am trying to make you happy and when you are happy, you feel good." At once, I debated on calling for Sebastian. "Kain, I don't feel well, and right now, as much as you think you are helping, you actually aren't. I would like some time to myself please. I will have Sebastian bring you back when I say."

Kain's face fell. "I brought my new butler too...he is talking to Sebastian. I think you would like him. His name is Laurell. Please don't tell my father I came here...I would be in bad trouble." Sighing, I rubbed my forehead. "Fine, you and...Laurell...can stay. But only for tonight." I then called for Sebastian, who seemed a bit more out of it than usual. "Yes Miss Aria?" I told him about our guests staying and he nodded. "Yes miss Aria, I will alert the staff and have lunch made promptly. May I bring you anything else in the meantime?"

    "No, thank you." I looked at him and nodded. He looked at Kain and then exited. Kain still seemed intimidated by Sebastian and was wary of him. He then left moments after Sebastian did and went to his room where Laurell was waiting. I wasnt sure of what to do but I knew I still wasn't able to really move. Michael brought me some tea and blushed. "I thought it would help, miss Aria." I thanked him and tried to sit up. He helped me and again I thanked him. When I sipped it, the tea tasted sweet and calming. "Will it work for you, Miss Aria?" I nodded. "It will do nicely thank you." He left, and I finished the tea. I had a feeling, and it could have been false, that I had a scar of the damned.