Blasted Headache

After kain left, I found myself sitting in my study and looking over some paperwork. It seemed some things had gone unseen to as I was gone. Sweets shipments were late and vendors were mad and complaining. There was a dull pain in my forehead but I pushed it away.

Sebastian came in with breakfast as I continued with paperwork. "Miss Aria, you should take a break for breakfast. Too much stress will give you a massive headache." I looked at him. "I must finish these invoices and other paperworks." He nodded, turning to leave before asking if I had a fancy for what I would like at lunchtime. "I'm sure whatever you make will be superb." Again, he nodded and then left.

Once more, I got to the paperwork, eating as I looked it over. Some papers did not need signed or responses but still needed filed. I took the time to respond to all letters and sort things out, placing complaints in one stack, requests in another, and invoices in a third pile. As I went down each stack, that dull pain seemed to get worse with each paper. Finally, I stopped as the pain grew too strong. I cried out for Sebastian, and the whole crew came to muy study. "Miss Aria, I had told you to take breaks." He tsk'd me and I grumbled. "Let's have a lie down and I will bring you your lunch. You can continue when your headache subsides." I frowned. "How long will that be?" He shrugged. "However long it takes for you to relax, and will the headache away."

I frowned more, but he was right. The more I fought it, the longer it would be until I could do the paperwork. As it turned out, I could not slack on it. So I did what I hoped would work and closed my eyes to try and take a nap. Soon, I fell asleep, and Sebastian let me rest a while before waking me up for lunch. Groggily, I woke and looked at him. "How long was I out?"

"Two and a half hours?!" My eyes widened and suddenly I scrambled with my food to my study. Once there, I picked it back up and finished again just in time for dinner. Sebastian frowned. "You are far too young and beautiful to have ro stretch yourself this far, miss Aria. Allow the staff and I to help you with these troublesome papers." I already knew Mary-Anne would ruin them, yet, how exactly I was not sure. All I knew was, I had another headache.