Retribution

The day was dark, gloomy, and damp. All I could do was stare out the window, look at my scar, and attempt to play some random game Mary-Anne was teaching me. I never really understood the rules. Sebastian claimed it was too wet for the business trip I was supposed to take, but I did not regret not being able to go. Just another boring meeting I really would not be able to speak at. Men and their rules. Pheh. It was just as bad that in essence, women are to be seen, not heard unless spoken to directly. An accessory of sorts. It was enough to make me sick, really. So many of these men would kill to have the power I possessed, and yet they knew nothing of who I was, or what I was for that matter. But thats for another day.

Nothing could have pried my attention away faster than Kain, who inadvertently found something useful to take my mind off of the day. "I have made the manor a little less gloomy," he said, and showed me the ballroom in which was adorned with some type of painted windows. "How did you....? Where did you get the paints?" He refused to tell me and I frowned, raising an eyebrow. That was the thing with Kain, you just never knew.

It wasn't that I was mad, so much as I was stunned that in so little time, Kain had actually managed to do all that and make the room somewhat brighter given the overcast skies. "Well? What do you think?" he asked. What could I say to that? I was speechless, and so was Sebastian when he came in. Who was I kidding? It was interesting, and mind boggling to say the least, and yet somehow Laurell was covered in paint gobs more than Kain was. Laurell was apolgizing for his appearance, to which I really had no qualms about and Sebastian did, but my focus was not on him. The art was rather skilled for the most part, a bit rudimentary and fundamental at parts yet profound in others. "Kain... I think it's safe to say I have no words for this." He smiled the childish grin and I could not do a thing to wipe it off. However, Sebastian might.

Later that night, I sat up, looking at the scar of the damned and wondering how I came to be this cursed being. Was it even a curse? Perhaps I was one of the animals the group caught, tagged, and released to see how long it lived or whatever it is they do now a days. Regardless the reason, I would soon pay that group back and then some.