Chapter 1: Adoption day

*Madeline's POV*
"Madeline wake up, its adoption day." Abigail said as I just grunted. I hated adoption day everyone just chooses 5 yr olds over 12. I've been chosen once but sent back.
"Okay," I said as I got up and hopped into the shower. When I was done I put on a Nirvana shirt, black skinny jeans, and my bracelets then my combat shoes. I threw my hair up into a messy bun, then went downstairs after I grabbed my iPod. I went downstairs and sat in the corner I always sit in and started listening to Green Day. I was listening to "wake me up when September ends" when I looked up and saw four giants standing I front of me.

*Ashton's POV*
"I have to what?... Yes I understand... Okay bye." I just got done talking to management, I can't believe I have to do this.
"Yo, what did management want?" Luke asked as I glared.
" I have to adopted a little girl from the ages of 5 to 12. Let's go!" I shouted to the guys downstairs.
"Where we going?" Michael asked.
" the adoption center let's go." I said as we all packed into the car, I was driving, Luke was in the passenger seat and Calum and Michael were in the back. We got there and it looked like a nice place. We got inside and we got greeted by a nice lady.

"Hi I'm miss Abigail, and I take it your adopting?" I nodded. "What age?"
"5-12" I answered she nodded and called everyone from 5-12. We were looking at the five year olds when I saw this girl in the corner listening to music. So I called over the guys.

"Wassup you think you found the one?" Calum asked as I nodded and headed towards the girl. I could hear her music and it sounded like green day. Mhm good taste in music. Then she looked up.

*Madeline's POV*
I looked up and saw these four Giants or at least they look like Giants. There was a blonde one with ocean blue eyes, a Asian looking one not to be racist or anything, a red haired one and a dirty blonde one. The dirty blonde one knelt down.

"Hi, I'm Ashton let's talk." All I could do was nod. He sat next to me along with the other three.

"Here let's play 20 questions." The Asian one suggested and I nodded.

"Okay I will start." Ashton said. "Name?"

"Madeline Marie" I said politely as can be.

"Luke" the other blonde said.

"Michael" the red head said

"Calum" the Asian one said

Okay I'm just gonna time skip the rest. I learned there names, the band there in, and other stuff. And they learned my favorite color and music and I only told them I draw for a hobby because I don't like having people know about my music hobbies.

"So do you want me to adopt you?" Ashton asked and I froze. I want to be but I don't want to get sent back what do I say?

"Um c-can I talk to A-Abby quick?" Damn my stuttering.

"Yeah sure" I got up and walked to her office.

"Abigail I have a problem" she looked up from the computer and motioned me to sit down so I obeyed.

"What is it dear?"

"Ashton asked if I wanted to be adopted-" she caught me off

"That's great how is that a problem?"

" I want to be but I don't want to be sent back and that's going to happen if I reveal my past like last time"
" well don't reveal the past until you are ready I honestly think you should" I nods and said thank you and then walked back out.

" so.... Do you want to be adopted?" Ashton asked and I nodded and said I'm going to go back my things. I walked to my old room and started packing. I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in" I said as I saw Michael come in.

" hey I was wondering if you need any help?"

"Sure" I said as I went to my closet to bring down a my black box. Thanks to my shortness I almost dropped it, until Michael grabbed it before it could.

"Thanks"

"No problem so we finished?"

"Yeah let's go" we went back stairs and Luke and Calum put my stuff in the car.

"So how famous are you guys?" I asked cos the curiosity killed the cat.

"World-wide" Calum answered as I nodded and leaned my head again Luke's shoulder. I felt my eyes go heavy so I let the darkness take over.