Chapter 23: Albification

This past month has been the most stressful month Gianna had ever come to face. Wendy went to Lincoln Village to begin her rehab. Gianna had sold her apartment and is now living with Jax and Abel in Jax's house. Her yoga studio has become an even bigger hit as more people have seen better health results since they joined. She had been running back and forth from the yoga studio and the hospital, volunteering to help out with as many things as needed to be done. And let's not forget three little kids, she had been practically taking care of every day. She just thanked God every day that she had Gemma and Jax to at least help her out with some things around the house.

Gianna sighed as her last class ended and she was able to at least breathe a little bit before she had to go home and get ready to see Bobby when he came home. Grabbing one of her towels, she ran some cold water and wet the towel. She began patting down parts of her sweaty body and enjoyed the coolness the towel provided her. The chiming of the front door opening got her attention and she turned to face two men. The way the man with the shaved head eyed her was making her uncomfortable.

"Hi. Can I help you gentlemen with something? You both look new around here." She smiled sweetly at them.

"As a matter of fact you can." He raised his hand for her to shake. "Ethan Zobelle. This is my business partner AJ Weston." She shook the other man's hand as well.

"Gianna Kroes. It's nice to meet you."

"I know who you are, Miss Kroes. You seem to be very popular around here. Many of the towns people told me to come see you." he smiled at her.

"Oh...heh. Well, Charming is a small town and everyone knows everyone here. And it helps that I volunteer around the community a lot as well. You said you two were business partners? Is that the reason you're here?"

"Yes." AJ nodded. "Mr. Zobelle owns a chain of cigar shops around the U.S. and he's thinking of starting one in Charming." Gianna nodded.

"Well, I know there are a couple of empty places around town. Hopefully you will find one that fits what you're looking for."

"Actually, I think I already found one..." Zobelle turned and pointed to the empty Sherman's store just across from her studio.

"Ah...Sherman's. My dad used to go there all the time when I was a kid...Shame that they let it go down like they did. It was really popular back in the day." Gianna stared out the window to the store, remembering all the times her father would take her shopping with him and she would help him pick out all of his clothes. The ones she didn't approve of, he wouldn't buy.

"You lived in Charming long?" Zobelle noticed the look on her face.

"Born and raised here. Parents moved us away when I was about seven though...came back when I was 17 and it's like I never left." she laughed. Zobelle smiled.

"So you are aware of the outlaws that think they run this town?" Gianna's gaze went back to the two men.

"Excuse me?" she asked them.

"The Sons of Anarchy ma'am." AJ spoke up. "They are criminals and they don't take kindly to outsiders starting businesses in their town. Surprised they haven't run you out of business." He smirked at her.

"I'm not hurting the town, I'm helping it. I leave them alone and they leave me alone." She shrugged and crossed her arms. She didn't have to explain anything to them. And they didnt need to know of her relationship with them. Zobelle chuckled and nodded.

"I am here in Charming to start a business Miss. I don't want it to be ruined by some outlaw, criminals who do nothing but hurt everyone around them. That includes people who associate themselves with them." Gianna nodded.