Chapter 24: Small Tears

The sound of an annoying beeping and Jax's raspy voice woke Gianna from her sleep. "Gigi, it's you." He sighed and let her move from his arms to get her phone. Answering it as best she could without her sleepy voice and without looking at the person who called her, she sat up right when she heard Gemma's pained voice. "Is everything alright?" she asked concerned. Gemma told her that she couldn't say much but to come meet her at Tara's house and then she hung up. Gianna looked at her phone confused. This must be something big if Gemma was calling her in the middle of the night and telling her to meet her at Tara's. Climbing out of the bed, she went to the closet and pulled out some jeans and a t shirt. Jax opened his eyes as soon as she got up. "Babe, what's up. Why are you out of bed?" he asked stretching. Gianna closed her eyes and thought of something to tell him...well this telling the truth deal was going to have to start tomorrow.

"Yea, um it was Nick. Tara isn't feeing really well and he doesn't know what to do so he called to see if I can come by and see what's up with her." Jax looked at her confused.

"He's a doctor Gi." He didn't believe her.

"It's woman issues Jax. He's not going to know how to deal with that. I'll be back in a few. I promise." She leaned down and kissed him, telling him to go back to sleep. She grabbed her keys and ran out of the house, getting into her car.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The drive to Tara's wasn't long. She got out of the car upon arriving at the house and nick opened the door for her. He nodded a hello and let her in and she stepped inside to see Tara cleaning wounds on Gemma.

"Jesus Christ Gemma what happened?" She kneeled down beside her and grabbed a hold of her hand. Unser sat a few feet away from them nervously playing with his hands.

"Jax see you leave?" She asked her first. Gianna nodded.

"Told him that Tara wasn't feeling good and Nick didn't know what was wrong with her so he called me to help." Nick looks over at her

"Gianna...I'm a doctor." he chuckled softly.

"Oh my god. You guys know I am a horrible liar. That was the first thing I came up with." She looked back at Gemma. "But you need to tell me what happened so that we can help you." Gemma sighed and shook her head.

"Use your imagination." She avoided their eyes. Unser spoke up.

"Maybe we should let her rest awhile."

"We need to get her to the hospital." Nick added.

"No." Gemma shakes her head and closes her eyes.

"Gemma I can't treat you in my living room." Tara felt sorry for her but there's was nothing else she could do.

"I'd have to check in. The insurance and shit...people will talk. We can't go to a hospital." Gianna hated how difficult Gemma was being but she couldn't figure out a way to help her like this.

"Okay, here's what you do. Have Gianna take you home, get a change of clothes, pick up Abel. I'll sign him in. Say that I need to run some more tests." Tara said coming up with a plan. Gianna glanced at her friend.

"You could get fired for that Tara."

"I'll figure it out." She smiled at Gianna.

"Promise me, you won't tell anyone. That goes for you too Stud." she nods over at Nick.

"Gemma I can-"

"Promise me Gianna." she gave her a look.

"We gotta tell Clay." Unser added.