Michaels POV

Ive been sitting on the couch for over an hour waiting to leave. Im wearing a simple pair of grey sweatpants(ignoring the fact that it's probably 80 degrees out) and a white football T-shirt.

"Why don't you dress nicer?" My mom asks me.

"Because there's no one there to impress" i mumble.

I never look forward to family get-togethers with the paguras. The adults are always gossiping and they're always like 'oh go hang out with ellie your beeessst frieeend!' So im forced to spend my time with her. all she does is read and be her dorky little self. 'Why couldn't they have had a cool daughter?' I think to myself.

My mom sighs. "You need to start interacting more with her. You guys used to be best friends and now you both act as though you can't stand eachother!"

Because it's true, i think to myself. Me and Ellie both despise each other but we don't let out parents know that.

I roll my eyes and walk out into my garage to the car. I start it and get into the backseat and wait for my parents to come and drive us there as i sot there scowling.

...............................................................

Me, my mom, and my dad are all standing on her front porch. I ring the doorbell.

"HEYY!" Mrs.pagura says as she embraces each one of us individually.

We walk inside and i take my shoes off. I bend over to untie my shoes and when i look back up i see my mom squeezing the life out of Ellie. I laugh to myself. Good.

"Oh Michael! Tell Ellie how nice she looks!" My mom tells me with a suspicious grin on her face.

Um this is weird. How do i say this without sounding like a retard. I look her up and down. Eh, not too shabby for once.

"Uh... You look nice Ellie..." I tell her.

She blushes... Ahh! She can't actually think that I'm serious! Did she Not just hear my mom telling me to say that? Oh wow she's a freak.

I snap out of my daze when my mom pinches my elbow and gestures to Ellie running up the stairs. You've got to be kidding me. She expects me to go 'play' with her.

I shake my head but my mom only pinches harder so i run and catch up to Ellie on the steps. We run into her bedroom. As i walk in i watch her throw her shoes into her closet. I look to where her shoes land and i see a bra. Eehh. That is disgusting but at the same time it kind of turns me on. Omfg stop what's wrong with you.

To avoid staring at the sexy pink lacy bra, i walk over to her window seat and look the opposite way. Out the window.

Out of the corner of my eye i see her pick up a book.

Surprise surprise. She's reading. Dweeb. I'm sick of her being so lame so i grab a notebook sitting on the ground and pick it up. I rip a piece of paper out of it, crumble it up and throw it at her.

She starts getting all sassy and tells me to leave. Thank god.

I step out of her bedroom and walk down the hallway to her brother Nate's room. I honestly only hang out with him to play Xbox, and to get the hell away from Ellie.

When i walk into nate's bedroom, he's not in there. Ugh he's not home.

I decide to walk back to Ellie's room and bug her more.

When i walk into her bedroom again i see her sitting on her bed with a notepad in front of her. Drawn on it was a picture of a girl who looked like herself, and a guy... Who looked somewhat like me.. Oh and that's not even the bad part.. THEY WERE HOLDING HANDS.

This girl is pshyco. I look down at her and she gives me a shy smile as she blushes. What the actual fuck. I wana get out of there as soon as possible.

"Uh.. Dinner is ready" i tell her, and rush out of the room. I go down the steps and smell what's for dinner. Mmmmm i smell tacos.

I walk to the kitchen.

"Oh no! Were out of taco shells!" Mrs.pagura exclaims.

My mom shoots me a look. She has that evil grin on again.

"Oh! Michael can go to the store and grab some! Maybe Ellie can go with you, sweety?" My mom said.

'Great' i think to myself as i look at Ellie slowly walking down the stairs.