Ellie's POV

Michael did the sweetest thing. I woke up to a loud beeping sound and a remote control car was repeatedly running into my leg.

I looked down at it and it had a ribbon tied around it, holding a box of chocolates.

I smiled as i read "I'm Sorry." Written in sloppy boy writing. I look around to find Michael but all i see is an empty bag of Cheetos and the toilet.

Just then, Michael comes strutting into the stall with pride on his face.

"What's this for?" I ask.

"Everything." He says with sincerity in his voice.

I suddenly forget everything that has happened between us and get caught up in the moment. I throw my arms around his neck and refuse to wipe away the huge grin on my face.

Michael hugs back and we stay like that for what seems like forever.

That was the best moment we've ever had together, other than the time when we were 11 and we teamed up on the parents and both threw tantrums until they took us to the beach together.

That day was the only day in history that i remember us being nice to each other.

---------------------------------------------

One of the things that sucks about being stuck in a bathroom stall in a grocery store is that there's nothing to do.

Michael had gone out into the store again and brought back a bag of grapes, more gatorade, a box of cheese-its, some individually wrapped brownies, and some frozen dinners that we warmed up in the microwave that the workers brought to the safe room.

We eat our frozen dinners which was really crappy spaghetti, and then we eat some brownies.

We finish eating and are really bored.

I start to zone out when a grape hits me softly on the cheek. I look at Michael and give him a fake scowl.

"You didnt catch it in your mouth like we used to do all the time." He says softly.

I laugh at the memories of that.

Michael had tossed me a grape, we were eight, and it shot down my throat, causing me to choke. I sat there dying (literally), while Michael just cried his eyes out.

"Alright im ready this time." I say smiling.

He tosses a grape and it lands perfectly in my mouth. I clap and he tosses another. Lands in my mouth.

"Alright. Level two." Michael says before whipping two grapes at me. I catch both in my mouth with ease.

Michael looks impressed.

"Bonus round." He announces.

He tosses three grapes high into the air and i catch all three, one bouncing off my nose and into my mouth.

"You're still the champ El." He says clapping.

"I know, im amazing." I gloat sarcastically.

Just as we're about to start tossing more grapes, the lights go out.

"They must've gone out in here too..." Michael says worriedly.

The whole room goes silent for a good minute and a half. Then i hear Michael shift a bit and a grape hits me in the forehead. I silently chuckle.

A few moments later i hear him shift again and i open my mouth. A grape lands in it.

"I caught the second one." I whisper.

"Thats amazing." Michael laughs as he whispers.

We continue to sit there in the silent darkness.

"OK WHY ARE THE LIGHTS OUT." someone finally asks.

A man clears his throat.

"We have to preserve the electrical energy we have left. Just use this time to relax or something." His voice booms.

I sigh because i can't get comfortable.

This is going to be a long night.