Michaels POV

After we all grab our food trays, we find a table to sit at. Ben asks me to help him hold his tray. He's so messy. Always spilling stuff on himself because he runs with his tray in his hands. I gladly help him with his tray.

We choose a table in the back corner of the cafeteria, near a large window peering into the dark world outside. Ellie doesn't look up from her food. Doesn't even touch her food. I thought she was hungry? But as i look around the table i notice that I'm the only one eating.

"How is he?" Ellie asks the adults breaking the silence.

"Um.. Well he's not bad. Actually not bad at all. He's just not good." My mom tells her, faking a small smile at the end.

"Hes in a coma, ellie." Her dad adds, making ellie wince.

Just then she stands up from her seat and begins walking out of the cafeteria. I jump up to follow her and everyone else trails behind.

"Can i just be alone?" She calls back to us without even turning around to look at us.

Just then someone grabs my arm.

I turn to see my dad.

"Well meet you guys at the room. I want you to stay with her. We need to start staying strong and traveling in groups i dont want anyone running off. Take as much time as you need comforting her." He tells me before leading everyone else off towards the room. I turn back around but i dont see ellie. God damn where did she go.

Nate

I make my way to the elevator and up to the floor that Nate is on. 13. I press the button.

Once i reach his room i stop as a chill goes down my spine. These little curtained rooms dont seem comforting. The curtains are all brown and stained. Then i remember that floors 13-16 in this hospital were regularly not used. Only 1-7 for patients. This floor is one of the really old floors. I hear screaming and moaning and beeping everywhere ringing in my ears. Its sickening. This floor literally sound and smells like death.

Sobbing sounds from inside of Nate's room breaks me from my thoughts. I pull the curtain aside to reveal a crying Ellie on her knees next to his bed. He honestly just looks like he is sleeping.

I run over to Ellie and grab her in my arms. I sit down and put her on my lap and rock her back and forth like a baby while she cries into my shoulder.

"Ellie...baby its okay.. Hes okay. Dont cry its all going to be okay ellie" i say quietly as i continue to rock her.

After about 5 minutes of her crying, she finally stops and looks at me.

"I took it all for granted." Shes says plainly.

"W..what?" I ask confusedly.

"I took it all for granted. Ive spent the past 5 years of my life reading books when i could've been outside enjoying the fresh air but now that has been taken away from me. I could've been spending time with my brother but now that has been taken from me. Its all gone. I cant remember the last time I've been genuinely happy. I cant remember the last time i did something fun. Now I'm stuck in a fucking hospital for who knows how long. Maybe for the rest of my life. I may never even get the chance to have fun. To be happy. To breath fresh air. To talk to my own brother again." She says with her voice cracking at the end and a tear streaming down her face. I stand her up and put my right hand on her waist, and my left hand wiping her tear away.

I pull her roughly against my body and kiss her hard and passionately. A kiss that both of us desperately needed. My left hand slides down her body and to her waist to join my other hand, while she brings her arms up around my neck. As much as i dont want to, i do anyways. I pull away.

"Can we just forget about the past. Forget about the present. Forget about the future. You deserve to be happy. You think you cant have fun in a hospital? Ill show you. Were going on an adventure." I say with a smirk while she gives me a worried giggle. I grab her hand as we run towards the elevator. I feel like such a little kid. But i like it. Now where in a hospital is adventure-worthy. Hmm. The basement?

I think to myself as i press the button on the elevator that says 1st floor. It leads us to the lobby. When no ones looking we run over to the the rusty door labeled "basement. Please Do not enter. Thank you."

We both look at each other smiling and Ellie opens the door and we slowly go down the dark staircase.

I was really hoping to have fun on this "adventure", not to be scared shittless.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Okay i wrote it. Not as long as the one that got deleted. Not as good as the one thats got deleted. But i still wrote it. Heh. Ok well I'm tired. Happy january 18th!!!

~melina