Michaels pov

Ellie storms out of the room. Okay, maybe i should give her a little time to herself.

"It may be a part of Zen but we are not certain . We know that much, but were not quite sure what else it could be. After your son fell to the ground convulsing, it triggered something. Everyone at once fell to the ground and began doing the same But we're not sure and us doctors are just as confused as you are so please hold back on questions. We believe that...um.. well just from our observations....there is immunity to zen.." The doctor tells us, leaving us all completely confused. Before i could ask any questions, he continued.

"Its not a for sure thing though and there isn't much we can do to contact other cities and states and even countries. We are doing our best to try and contact but from what we know, zen is spreading. Quick. Side effects are changing. And it has swept through most of North America."

"What did you mean about immunity?" my dad asks.

"Thats classified for now. I'm sorry but i have said too much.." The doctor replies nervously, beginning to walk out of the room.

"You can NOT just begin telling us about something then not finish" my mother bursts out.

"Ma'am it is no..." He begins

"Please. Just please tell us what you know." My mother says a bit quieter.

He sighs.

"There is no way to trap out that bad air by staying indoors. How else would we be breathing right now? These walls dont filter our air.. So yes, right now you are breathing in Zen. Zen has different effects on different people. But at different points in time. See, the first stage in zen was that the victim couldn't sleep. The disease wouldn't allow the victim to sleep and they eventually died of lack of sleep. You may not remember that stage because it only lasted for days and thats before anyone knew what was going on. Next it was aging. That lasted for quite a while. Now it is anger for weeks, then convulsing. This is our conclusion, or our theory. None of this could be true.. Were just doctors, not scientists and we cant risk going out into that bad air even though we believe were already breathing it in. But we assure you that we are working on a cure and trying to figure all of this out. You may now visit him, because we now know that it is not contagious. Follow me." He gestures to all of us without even letting all of what he just said sink in. Immunity? Nah. It just means that some of us are gonna die sooner than others.

Everyones gets up and begins walking out of the room anxiously.

Thats when it hits me.

Ellie

I jump up and run out the door. Convulsing man. Another. A woman. Another man. A child. But i pay no attention to any of them. My mind is set on Ellie and where she could've gone. How am i ever going to be able to tell her all of this news? Oh god. I keep running. Up and down stairs. Through halls.

After a good 7 minutes i stop running and stop at a waterfountain. I catch my breath and run back to the staircase. 11th floor now.

Im running through the halls past another convulsing man. Then i see her. On the floor in the distance, breaking down. I sprint towards her and wrap my arms around her.

"Its gonna be okay." I whisper soothingly to her while she shivers in my arms sobbing. I take off my sweatshirt and put it over her head and onto her delicate body. I pick her up bridal style and begin walking to an elevator. She rests her head on my shoulder, breathing onto my neck, still shaking. I turn and kiss her on the head.

"Its alright baby. Were going to see Nate." I tell her. She stops shaking. She looks up at me wide eyed.

"No." She says surprisingly calm.

"Um what?" I say confused. I thought that this was what she wanted.

" I said no. Take me back to the room."she replies sternly.

Not wanting to upset her , i didn't question it. I just did as she said. i brought her to the bathroom to wash up her makeup smeared face, then I brought her to our empty room and laid her on a bed. I grabbed a blanket from the bed next to ours and put it on her. She shut her eyes and i sat on a chair across from the bed. I must look so creepy right now just watching her drift to sleep.

She peeped an eye open. "Stop staring at me and come cuddle." She smirks and moves over making room on her bed for me. How can she be so unaffected? I get up and lay down behind her, wrapping my arm around her waist. Me, not being tired, i just sit there enjoying her presence and listening to the soft sounds of her sleeping.

~*~*~*

Sorry this chapter was short and stupid and i havent updated in a year. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no but really happy new years!! 2014! Woohoo also THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE 1.7k reads it means so much ily.

.

.

.

Please comment and vote we need ideas hahahaha.

~melina