ELLIE'S POV

And to think I'm an only child now...

We're all sitting on the beds crying and comforting each other. My parents get up and follow the doctor, along with Mr. and Mrs. Barlow.

Sam is nowhere to be found and Ben is silently sitting on the bed trying to read a book with no luck.

Michael looks down at me in his lap and smiles a sad smile, a single tear dripping off of his chin and onto my wrist.

I wrap my arms around his neck and take a deep breath.

The Michael smell he used to have is gone. Now we all smell like hospital soap and weird hospital blankets.

I stand up and grab a pony tail holder off the nightstand to pull my hair up.

My once gorgeous, redish brownish, healthy, elbow length hair is now down past my butt and isn't pretty anymore. It needs trimmed.

"I need some time alone. I'm gonna trim my hair and take a shower." I announce, making eye contact with Michael in the mirror.

"Alright," He says. "Do you want Ben and I to come? We could all use a walk."

"I just need some alone time." I say rudely before quickly walking away with my mom's shears in my hand.

Thankfully, the bathroom is empty. And quiet. Except for the dripping of a leaky shower.

I straighten and brush out my hair, making it cascade down my back.

I clench the perfect amount of hair between my fingers and start trimming.

When I'm finished, I look and feel 10x better.

I grab my face soap and fill a sink up with water and start scrubbing the tears and makeup.

When the sink is filled up enough, I plunge my entire face in and scrub the soap off.

I come up for air and reach for my towel, but I can't find it. I keep feeling around for it when I touch what feels like a human hand.

I gasp and slip on some water and fall backwards, landing HARD on my back.

I use my shirt to wipe my eyes and I quickly open them and look around, the bathroom still empty.

'That's weird. I'm just imagining stuff. It's been a long day.' I think to myself as I stand up, noting how much my back kills.

I grab my towel and take a quick look in the mirror at myself before i bury my face in the towel and dry off.

When I pull the towel away, I let out a yelp.

Next to my reflection in the mirror, I see Kevin, just casually leaning against the doorway.

"Hey sweetheart. Long time no see, eh?" He smirks.

"Wha-what are you doing here?" My voice shakes.

"Ah, that's for me to know and you to gradually find out." He says as he starts pacing circles around me.

I suddenly remember Nate and get really sad, tears starting to pour down my face.

"Oh baby, what's wrong?" He asks, genuinely concerned.

"My brother's dead." I sob.

"No he isn't."

I stop.

What?

"What?"

"I said he's not dead, sweetheart. Are you deaf?"

"What do you mean he isn't dead?!" I suddenly get really frustrated and confused.

"I slipped him a few pills to make him feel better," He chuckles. "He'll just be a little sleepy for a while."

I get so angry.

"YOU KILLED MY ONLY BROTHER?!" I scream at him.

"I didn't ki-"

"YOU BASTARD!" I scream running at him.

He spins us around and pins me against the wall.

"Listen you little brat, I didn't kill him. I promise. Now stop coming at me like that or I actually will kill him."

He says making my knees shake.

Suddenly I hear someone running into the bathroom. In a snap, Kevin has jumped up and moved a ceiling tile aside so he could haul himself up. I stare in admiration. I would never be able to do that that fast.

It's my mom who runs in.

"What are you looking at?" She asks, out of breath.

"OH MY GOD IT WAS-" I stop myself though. I don't want to scare her.

"Nothing." I say.

Fortunately, she brushes it off and gets really happy. Tears of joy pour down her rosy cheeks.

"Nate's alive, Ellie!"

"Wha-"

"Nate's alive! And his sickness is gone! Just like that!" She squeals.

My jaw drops.

Kevin wasn't lying.

"Common! Come see him!" She says speed walking out of the bathroom.

I slide my back down the wall and hold my head in my hands.

What the hell is this guy trying to do to my family?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IM BACKKKKKK!

im so extremely sorry for how long i made you guys wait. i had knee surgery and ever since then it's just been super hectic and blah.

i hope you liked this though!

please comment, vote, and share our story!

i love you all soo muchhhh<333

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Gabby