Ellie's POV

So.

Ya know.

He just k. i. s. s. e. d. me.

It meant nothing.

Except now I'm terrified for his life as I watch him sprint into the bathroom from the ball-cage.

I hear a couple of thumps from over near the janitors closet and then all goes silent.

I literally hold my breath and count the seconds of silence.

1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10...11..12..

Nothing.

All of a sudden, I hear footsteps.

The same slow, shuffling footsteps that had been produced by the masked-gun-holder earlier.

"Heavenly Father" I begin to recite outloud. I then decide it would be better to stay quiet. The footsteps stop.

'Shit! He heard me!' I silently panic.

I hear more footsteps and then see him appear in front of me. I hold my breath and try to scream, but nothing comes out.

"What was that hun? I didn't catch that." He says.

I laugh nervously.

"Nothing. Just talking to myself." I say.

"Oh, alright." He says, nodding. "Listen, can i have a word with you?"

"If that doesn't include killing me, then yes." AHH I DIDN'T MEAN TO SAY THAT OUT LOUD.

The man chuckles.

"My name's Kevin. I'm not going to hurt you and your boyfriend as long as you-"

"He's NOT my boyfriend." I scoff, interrupting him.

"Oh sure." Kevin says sarcastically. "I won't hurt you two as long as you help me find the key to the cash register ok? I need the money, man."

What?

"Uh... ask the manager." I say, taken aback.

"Haha.. funny story... He's dead." He says the last part with a straight expression.

"Ah. Then I see your dilemma." I say. Kevin nods.

"Yuuuuup. And if you don't help me, I have PLENTY in store for you and Michael, Ellie. I've got some pretty creative murders up my sleeve." Kevin says.

He knows our names...

"What are you REALLY here for, Kevin?" I ask. He CAN'T just want money.

"Ah, you're a smart girl, Ellie. You saw right through my lie. Well, if you must know, I'm here because I escaped from prison. I was doing time for a triple homicide. I don't know what it is, I just loooove killing people." Kevin says casually.

"Oh." Is all I can manage to say.

Just then, Michael comes crashing out of the bathroom, puking.

When his eyes adjust, he looks over at me and Kevin.

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GET AWAY FROM HER!" He comes charging at us.

"NO MICHAEL!" I yell, trying to stop him.

"Oh, he's messing with the wrong pshyco." Kevin says, cracking his neck.

---------------------------------------------

The first thing I think to do is run. I climb out of the ball cage and sprint down the isle closest to the janitors closet, hoping to find someone.