Ellie's POV

You can literally feel the nervousness running through each of our bodies as we ride up the elevator.

Ben has his arms around my legs, hugging them for protection.

"I'm sleepy." He yawns.

"Me too, bud." Michael speaks up.

Ding!

The 9th floor.

When the elevator opens, there's no one really in the hallways. You'd think no one was up here if you didnt hear the small chatter coming from behind several curtains.

We walk down the hall to the room our family's are staying in and Michael slowly pushes aside the huge that was separating our room from the hall and other rooms. It really wasnt soundproof...

Inside are both of our families, watching intently as we walked in.

When they saw it was us, they all jumped up immediately and ran and hugged us.

After discussing our wakeup with them, they showed us around our new home. The room has 3 beds with are separated with a curtain. There's also a tv and many suitcases and bags laying around.

"We get 3 meals a day and absolutely nothing more." My mom explains.

"You three look exhausted. We'll re think the sleeping arrangements and let you guys get your rest." Says my dad.

Its honestly kind of funny how tired we are, considering we've just woken up from a month long sleep.

Mrs. Barlow turns away from tickling Ben and comments on how adorable he is before she helps figure it out.

"We could all use sleep." Michael's little brother Sam says. Sam is around 11 years old. He has dark brown hair much like michaels, except his is shaggy and long unlike Michael's short and spiky hair.

Everyone agrees.

"Sam, you sleep with your father and I." Says Mrs. Barlow. Sam whines.

"And Nate, you sleep with us." My father says to my brother. My brother was 10, but he got along well with sam. He was unlike the rest of us. Blond hair and brown eyes, where my whole family had brown hair and green/blue eyes.

"And then Ellie, you'll share a bed with Ben and Michael." Says my mom.

Before the three of us go to bed, we walk Ben to the bathroom so we can all brush our teeth. Ben grabs each of our hands.

"I'm happy you it's you guys I get to live with." He says softly.

I squeeze his hand to let him know I agree. Then, Michael and I pull our arms up slightly and Ben dangles, swinging his feet and giggling a bunch.

We get to the bathroom and walk in, no one else in sight. There's some stalls and a long counter with many sinks and a long mirror.

I help Ben brush his teeth and set him on the counter while I do mine. I look over at Michael, who looks deep in thought.

"You ok?" I ask.

"Well, considering how our day went, no." He says rubbing a hand over his tired face.

"You're right." I say suddenly getting an idea.

"Are we aloud to shower?" I ask.

"Yeah. I brought our shampoo and stuff because I knew you'd say that." He smirks.

I quickly shower and then let Michael shower. As I'm brushing my hair, I look over and Ben is fast asleep, leaning against the wall.

I chuckle, remembering how it was to sleep anywhere you want when you're a kid.

Michael finishes up and grabs my hand as we walk down the hallway, me carrying Ben on my back.

We go in the room and everyone's asleep.

I lay Ben down first on the left side of the bed, and lay down next to him. He breathes in a deep breath and cuddles into my arms.

Michael smiles and lays to my right, wrapping a strong arm around my waist. This was honestly a perfect moment and I wouldn't change one thing about it.

Except, of course, the annoyingly squeaky hospital bed and lack of blankets, making it cold.

Michael falls asleep before me and starts talking in his sleep.

"I love you, Ellie. Sweet dreams." He says.

"I love you too." I say softly. I feel him smile into my back and that's when I figure out he's not actually asleep.

Sorry this chapter's so short...

I'll make up for it next time!

Vote and comment a bunch and we'll write the next chapter!

xoxox Gabby