Ellie's POV

"Bad news..." says the doctor.

uh oh..

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The doctor just stands there.

"Well are you gonna tell us?!" Michael yells out suddenly, obviously annoyed like the rest of us.

He takes off his mouth-mask and bows his head a little.

"We're doing everything we can, but we don't know if he's going to make it. It was a tricky procedure and we don't have the technology to figure out what's wrong with him. I'm very sorry."

My stomach drops.

My only brother.

My mom drops to her knees and Mrs. Barlow drops beside her to help her. My dad tears up and sits down to cover his face. Michael and Ben have sad looks and tear up.

I throw up and then run.

I sprint away from the ugly blue and white curtains. Away from my sobbing family members. Away from the stupid doctor.

Away from my dying brother.

I keep running, not sure where I'm going. everyone gives me weird looks as I pass but I don't care. I just keep running.

Turning corners, pushing past people, getting hit by doors every once in a while.

Until...

I stop in my tracks as I almost trip over a convulsing middle-aged man on the floor in front of me. Foaming at the mouth.

Just like my brother.

I scream and turn around, accidentally running into a few frantic doctors and some scared family members.

"MA'AM GET AWAY FROM HERE THIS IS A DANGEROUS PLACE TO BE." A doctor screams at me.

I turn around and run again, not looking back once.

Bam.

Another convulsing boy on the floor, probably about 18 years old.

"MA'AM YOU NEED TO GET AWAY FROM HERE IMMEDIATELY!" A doctor screams.

I keep running until a pair of warm arms wraps around me. The scent is familiar but I don't look to see who it is.

"What is this?!" I scream-sob in the man's arms.

He strokes my hair and kisses me on the forehead.

"El, you need to calm down ok? Stop screaming please. Ellie god dammit stop please so I can talk to you!" Says the guy.

I stop what I'm doing and look up to see Michael looking down at me with tear-stained cheeks and a concerned look on his face.

"Listen to me," His voice cracks, as if he's about to cry again. "We gotta be strong if we're gonna get through this."

I look down towards the floor, ashamed of myself. He's right.

"I'm-I'm sorry." I say sniffling.

He pulls me into a hug and I feel him shake a tiny little bit.

"Michael, it's ok to cry." I say rubbing his back, my turn to comfort him.

He sighs and pulls back, wiping his eyes. Seeing him cry breaks my heart.

I grab his hand and walk him to the bathroom with me so we could clean up a bit.

He washes his face and I brush my teeth and pull my hair up into a messy bun.

"You ok?" I ask him as I dry off my hands.

"Yeah. We'll be alright." He gives me a half smile.

I walk over to where he's sitting on the sink and bury my face into his chest.

He wraps his arms around me and rests his chin lightly on the top of my head.

"We'll be alright."

---------------------

hey guys!

so melina made a good point in the last chapter about how we update so often so that's why our chapters are so short.

and this one kinda sucked (as mine usually do)

a lot more action and romance are coming your way!

keep voting and commenting! we love to hear from you guys!

xoxoxox gabby