Ellie's POV

For the next month, all of the (alive) people that were trapped in the store, go into a coma. The doctors concluded that we got so used to conditions in the dark store, that our bodies weren't quite used to the outside world anymore.

---------------------

I'm awake.

How long have I been asleep?

Ow, my throat hurts.

Where's Michael?

"Michael?" I croak.

No answer.

"Hello?" I call out as I sit up.

Suddenly, the nurse that had a clear view of me from outside at her desk looked over and went white as a sheet.

She started yelling something and then about 10 nurses come crashing into my room.

They ask me questions and wait on me head to toe, helping me into the shower, getting me some

much-needed food, answer MY questions, etc.

But one question is still on my mind.

"Where's Michael?" They all stop what they're doing and give me a sad look.

Being me, I thought the worst case scenario and start crying.

"Oh sweety, he's not dead. He just hasn't come out of his coma yet. In fact, you're the first one to wake up." The nurse says as she brushes my hair.

After they're done cleaning me up, I go to explore the hospital a bit.

Hey, it's not like there's anything else to do.

I walk down the hallway, looking into the rooms, obviously looking for my love.

My love.

I walk past about 13 rooms before I come across: Room 218; Michael Dimitri Barlow

I giggle when I read his middle name. Dimitri.

I slowly creak the door open and walk in.

There's Michael, in an endless sleep. Although he's been sleeping for a month, he looks just as tired as I feel. His bruises are cleared up, for the most part, and there's a pot of sunflowers sitting on his bedside table.

They look wilted so I get them some fresh water and sit on the edge of Michael's bed, studying his perfect features.

I notice how long his hair has gotten, now that I see it drooping into his eyes. It still looks cute.

I carefully brush it out of his eyes and can't help myself. I break down.

I cry for myself, Michael, Ben, and most of all the people who died in that hell-hole.

Ben.

I stand up fastly, hoping to wake Michael up, but to my despair, he keeps on snoring.

Walking down the hall to room 225, I see His name on the door. Benjamin Tyler Chance.

He's also still asleep so I quietly open the door. I begin to cry again but stop myself. I am not this weak.

After tucking him in, I decide to go lay down, hoping to get some real sleep. As I kiss his forehead, his eyes flutter.

"Ben?" I say, excited.

Nothing.

I sigh, wiping away a disappointed tear off my cheek and start to walk away. As I'm about to close the door I hear a soft

"Ewwie?"

I turn around.

"Ben!" I run over and hug the confused looking boy. I get him some water and explain everything in a way that he would understand. He nods, understanding, and asks for Michael.

"He's still sleeping." I say sadly.

"Don't worry, he'll wake up!" Ben says with a perk that instantly cheers me up.

"Let's go get you something to eat, bud." I say.

We walk out and walk down the hall, passing many sick patients.

When we pass Michael's room, I expect to see him in his bed, fast asleep, but instead I find him sitting up in his bed, looking so confused.

I whip open the door, scaring him, and Ben and I pile onto his bed with him. He grabs the back of my head and kisses me passionately.

"Ew." Ben says squishing up his face.

We laugh and I answer all of Michael's questions.

"So... Is anything different?" He asks.

"I don't know. I just woke up an hour ago." I answer.

The three of us decide to go take a walk around the hospital.

We got to the first floor and walked up to the front door looking outside.

Peering through the glass, none of us can believe what we see.

The world.

What used to be a happy, carefree place...

Is now gone.

All hell has broken loose.

Hi guys! I'm so sorry it's taken WAY too long to update. I really am sorry.

I hope we can make it up to you!

You guys are AMAZING for all of the reads and votes! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!!

Keep reading, voting, and commenting!

Let us know how you like it!

Melina and I will start updating this story again now so be ready to see the characters go through hell. {hint hint} (;

Also, We're holding a contest!

Whoever can come up with the best cover photo for this story will get a follow from us, and we'll feature your name in one of our next chapters!

Send the pictures to my instagram: _gabbypagura_

my kik: @gabzerilla

or just inbox us about any other info you need!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

xoxoxoxoxoxox: Gabby