|| THREE ||

:| O S C A R P E R T R O W |:

"Dude, what the fuck? Don't you think you're being a little harsh?" Trent asks me as I come out my bedroom, hair dishevelled.

I slide a shirt on before I reply, "What? To the girl? Of course not, she doesn't belong here and I have no problem letting her know that. She's lucky I haven't thrown her out yet," I state, entering the kitchen and pouring myself some tea from the pot which sits on the counter.

Soren is already at the kitchen island, eating toast and eggs. He stops mid-bite, catching the last half of my sentence. He nods at me, his opaque-white, glass eye glinting in the yellowed light of the room. He lost his left eye in a mishap with a bullet, but quickly recovered and brushed it past him. I respect that about him, but his opinion on the girl is not appreciated.

"If this is about the girl, I agree with Trent. Did you see her yesterday? She was scared to death and crying. If she's under the protection of us, shouldn't she feel safe instead of frightened?" Soren questions as Red enters the room, lips set in a straight line as usual.

Both of his eyes are perfectly intact, although a fatal incident with another gang resulted in a long, katana-shaped scar across his cheek.

"Red, what do you think? Am I being too harsh on the girl?" I request his perspective, knowing he's the more closed off and reasonable out of all of us, despite him still being a good friend of ours.

He gives me a dull stare and sits down at the table, taking a drink of water from the bottle in his grip.

"Soren told me about the plan yesterday, I agree that we should protect her-" he barely manages to finish off his fragment of a sentence as Soren cheers, "but I don't think it matters how we treat her."... and goes silent in irritation.

"She's the daughter of a good friend of ours, her relationship with us is far less important compared to her safety."

"Always the practical thinker," I shrug, pleased he has agreed with me (kind of), "Why on earth did I allocate Soren the plan-making role?"

As Soren scowls at me, my watch starts to beep relentlessly, alerting me that it is noon. I set down my cup of tea and head into the room where the girl stayed last night, knowing she's too terrified to try and escape and that she's undoubtedly still in there.

"Get up," I order blindly into the dark room, hearing the shuffle of clothing as she obeys.

"I expect you out and ready in five minutes."

I stay at the doorway for a while to ensure her morning is as delightful as mine, "We're off to the airport in two hours to fly to LA. Do not try anything or you will suffer the consequences. Hear me?"

I raise an eyebrow as she doesn't respond for a while.

"Yes," she mumbles feebly as I close the door behind me, shaking my head.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:| A V Y N L U N A V E R |:

I am so fucking terrified.

I follow Trent towards the empty field, empty-handed and as warm as an ice cube. Soren and Red are either side of me and Oscar is at the front. My teeth are practically chattering as I look downwards, hair falling me around me. Instead of heading into an airport to fly off to whatever location, they had driven to this barren field of dry grass and trampled daisies. In the short time that I've been here, I've learnt to not ask questions.

"Well I told you to get the fucking thing here an hour ago. We cannot prolong this trip," Oscar barks down the phone in his hand, almost growling as the person on the other line probably forgets to address him as king of the universe.