|| FOUR ||

I groggily lag behind Soren, Red, and Oscar, too tired to resist as Trent pushes me lightly

I groggily lag behind Soren, Red, and Oscar, too tired to resist as Trent pushes me lightly. We arrive at the counter as they begin to discuss accomodation arrangements. Maybe I should be more freaked out - after all, I have just been flown 5500 miles away from my normal life and am about to stay overnight in a hotel with a delightful selection of felons.

Oh well, it's okay, just find a bed and sleep, my inner sleepaholic suggests.

Eventually, we make our way upstairs, the elevator seeming to take no more than a two seconds to get us to the very top. I almost collapse against a jet-lagged Red who elbows me and rubs his eyes.

We arrive at our designated rooms and I shrug off my bag wearily, flopping down into the comfy bed which attracts me like a magnet to metal. As soon as my face hits the marshmallow and I am absorbed in the warmth of the hot chocolate, I'm out.

:| O S C A R P E R T R O W |:

I cross my arms over my chest and peer over curiously at Avyn who is asleep on the bed. Sliding off my jacket, I scowl as Soren, Red, and Trent leave the room with their bags, Trent waving a smug goodbye as they leave me to room with the girl.

The digital clock on the nightstand flickers uncontrollably with a neon green glow which reads 3:00pm. It's well into the day in LA but our biological clocks are still set to the time in England, where it is close to midnight. Usually, I stay up till two or three in the morning, sitting at my desk or drinking in the private bar, but the travelling has made me bleary.

Soon, I lose the will to stay awake and pull off my shirt, changing into a pair of sweatpants and pushing Avyn along to the right side of the bed as ungently as possible. She mumbles something in protest but obliges, hair falling over her in tangles. Half asleep, I rest an arm over my eyes and welcome unconsciousness.

Tomorrow comes earlier than wanted.

I wake up to the feeling of someone's leg draped over mine. An arm is rested over my uncovered stomach and a head of purple-blue-green hair uses my chest as a pillow. It's undeniably comfortable, even as I am reminded that the limbs belong to Avyn - an unbearably annoying near-stranger - but then again, any position is comfortable in the morning.

I glance over at the clock which beeps quietly to signal the arrival of a new hour - 9pm. Avyn nuzzles further into my neck as I try to sit up. My patience starts to wear thin as I clench my jaw, though I tense up nonetheless as her fingers graze my abdomen.

Wow, she's much easier to handle in the morning - you know, with her not being awake and all. Her eyes are dark with prominent makeup, eyebrows tilted upwards innocently as her breaths tickle my stomach.

The resemblance between her and Will is uncanny. Her hair is soft and falls down to the small of her back in loose curls. Her roots show her natural hair colour, brunette, which matches with her father's. Their eyes are both light brown, emotion in them clearer than day.