|| THIRTY ONE ||

|| B I S H ' S N O T E ||

I'm. Not. Fluffing. Ready.
Final chapter.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

My smile is wider than the universe the entire time we are walking to the cinema. We are all equipped with hoods to hide our faces, but with the brisk air, it doesn't seem too suspicious. I glance down at Oscar's hand intertwined with mine and bite my bottom lip, content.

Not just content - happy.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Oscar chuckles as we fall behind the others.

I shrug, leaning my head against his shoulder, "Well, for one, we're both one hundred pounds richer."

The wind carries away his laugh as we round the corner, catching up to the others.

"Hey, what do you want to watch?" Emme asks with a pearly smile, "You and Oscar get to choose, remember?"

With a rise and fall of my shoulders, I pull my jacket tighter around me, "To be honest, I'm never there for the movie, I'm there for the food. Now if you ask me what food I want, that's a whole 'nother story."

She laughs and links arms with Soren, passing on the message as he shoots me an amused look.

I look up at the dark sky. Now that it's winter, it's been getting dark really early. After the race we had gone instead to relax for a while before heading out for the cinema, but even now it's not even five yet. I admire the starry sky, the rich sapphire pigment completely soaking into the atmosphere above.

After ten minutes walking, we arrive at the cinema and shuffle in. Red goes to buy the tickets while the rest of us wait off to the side.

"I'm being serious, Oscar!" I repeat for the fourth time, looking scornfully at my amused friends, "This is a serious decision!"

A low chuckle leaves Oscar as he tugs me towards him and presses a lingering kiss to my temple, "Calm down, Avyn, this won't change your life."

I gape at him and push his warm body away, taking offence at his condescending tone, "This is not funny. Now answer me - sweet or salty?!"

"Honey, just get a mix," Emme laughs as I shoot her an icy glare.

"Getting a mix of sweet and salty makes the salty popcorn sweet and the sweet popcorn salty! Don't you know anything?! Ugh! You guys never get me!"

Fifteen minutes later, I'm sat in the dark theatre, hugging a large tin of toffee popcorn.

Oscar's is trying to hide a smile behind his hand next to me, shooting me glances every now and then.

"What?" I finally ask, eyes adjusting to the darkness as I settling in the comfy seat.

"I'm dating a child," he states with a shake of his head as I scowl immediately and reply, "I would throw this food at you but you're not worthy of it."

The pre-credits seem to last a millenia as usual as Trent, next to me, trying to steal a handful of popcorn. Without tearing my eyes off the blinding screen, I slap his claw-like fingers away, barely able to hear his hissing complaint as the booming speakers project the sound throughout the theatre, thoroughly deafening me.

"I paid for this, my foo-," I warn before a pinch at my waist cuts me off, "Ow!"

"I paid for it, Avyn," Oscar corrects as I roll my eyes.