|| TWELVE ||

|| B I S H 'S N O T E ||

Guys... I'm sorry in advance. (,_,)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Are those police cars?

"O-Oscar?" I stutter out, waiting for instruction, "Can you hear that?"

A troubled look dawns on him. I have no more time to dwell on fear as Trent suddenly sprints over to Red on the other side of the plane. When we landed, the wing had wrenched back with the force of the crash, tearing it's juncture with the body of the plane. Red and Trent are trying to open up the hole further: an escape route since the regular exit doors have been bent shut and set in an unable-to-open position from the impact.

Soren is talking in a rushed voice on the phone before he shoves it back in his pocket and hurries over to help the rest of his gang. The siren scream in my ears louder, "Guys! They're close!" I exclaim uselessly, clambering over a mess of seats to reach them.

Just as I lean in to inspect their handiwork, Red kicks angrily at the metal for not budging, widening it a fraction. He growls under his breath, "That's going to have to do," he mutters before grabbing all our bags and chucking them out the hole, one after the other.

Headfirst, he follows promptly. With his wide frame, he barely manages to fit, twisting his muscled body to slip out. He tucks his head in and rolls to meet the ground but my view is soon blocked as Trent throws his legs through the hole and roughly stuffs his body through the limiting gap. Soren follows suite, leaving me and Oscar.

"Get through, quick," he gestures frustratedly to the gap as a few seconds pass, "What are you waiting for? We can't waste any time! This thing is gonna blow any second now!"

I don't know what consumes me to do what I do next. Releasing the cage of emotions buried inside me, I press my lips to his - hard. He's shocked, frantic at the sound of deafening sirens getting closer, but kisses me back harshly for a few seconds. I don't have time to entangle my fingers in his hair as he pulls away.

I step closer to him after regaining air, "Don't make me leave. Take me with you," I'm practically begging at this point - having tasted the exhilirating and dangerous life of a gang and having been with people who I actually enjoy the company of, I can't imagine going back to my normal, boring life.

Oscar hurriedly rakes a hand through his hair, hearing Red yelling at him from outside to 'hurry the fuck up', "Go through the hole, Avyn," he pushes me towards it, ignoring our intimate moment, but I dig my feet into the torn-up floor to stop him.

"No. Promise you won't abandon me," I stand my ground - an idiotic thing to do when surrounded by a worldwide wanted gang with police about ten seconds away - with a determined expression.

His mind fights an internal war before he answers, "Fuck it, fine, just go!" he grits out as my heart finds a way to force me to tear my eyes from his and ease myself, feet first, out of the gap.

I feel someone grab my waist to pull me down the rest of the way to the ground. In hurry, I throw a quick thankful look towards Soren before sprinting after Red and Trent, who are carrying all our bags and running swiftly towards a cluster of tall, dark trees. Bolting, I look behind me to see Oscar following. The overwhelming crying of sirens is even louder out here, preventing me from hearing anything but them. They aren't coordinated either - there are definitely more than a few police cars.

As I push myself harder towards the forest, I almost slip on the dewy grass. Oscar pulls me up just in time and leads the rest of the way. We arrive under the trees, the havoc by the plane muffled slightly by the canopy of mossy green above us. It takes a while for me to get my breathing in check before a thought springs on me, "W-wait, what happened to the pilot?"