Demons

Recap

He looks at me from the corner of his eye and nods his head slightly. I sigh and look at the sky then to Rin. I can feel his curious gaze on me now so I look back to him. His golden eyes shinning with the sunset. I feel my heart skip another beat then I look at the sunset.

"I've always been stubborn but the hand that life had dealt me at first made me even more so and has taught me to be stronger physically and mentally. It's taught me to never give up and to fight for a better hand if I don't like the one that I have been dealt."

"Wise words for someone as young as you."

"Thank you Sesshomaru." I smile softly turning to look at him. 'I could get use to him being my anchor.'

~~~Story Start~~~ Skyler's POV~~~

The wind blows slightly as Sesshomaru and I watch Rin as she continues to pick flowers and weave them into crowns. The sun has set already and it's starting to get a little cold out. I notice Rin shiver slightly and I walk over to her while summoning my red cloak. I place it around her shoulders and she looks up and smiles at me.

"Thank you Lady Skyler." She says so innocently. 

I nod my head and stand back up. I look to Kai and then to the sky. It looks like it's about to pour the rain down on us. I walk away from the group some and I can feel Sesshomaru's gaze on me but I shrug it off. I make an all too familiar set of hand signs and slam my hands on the ground. The ground begins to shake and I feel myself being lifted up in the air.

Once the air clears I look down at all the others to see their reactions. Rin and froggy stare up in amazement. Sesshomaru seems indifferent but I see a slight eyebrow raised. Kai and Hidan already knew I could do this. I jump down from the roof of the small house that I just created and land gracefully on the ground. And by gracefully I mean landing on froggy then falling on my face.

I jump up quickly and dust myself off mumbling about the stupid frog. I look up hearing my name to see Rin running toward me and the others casually walking, except Sesshomaru who hasn't moved from his spot. I smile softly to Rin as she reaches me.

"How did you do that?" She asks in awe.

"Magic." I whisper to her while moving my arms around.

We both giggle and she runs inside yelling at the frog to follow her. Kai looks at me and nods then walks into the house. Hidan just walks inside after shaking his head at me with a smirk. I look over to Sesshomaru then walk over to him. He doesn't even look at me. I let out a light sigh then speak to him.

"The sky looks like it's about to burst. We better get inside so we don't get soaked."

"The rain doesn't bother me."

"Then go inside for Rin. I bet she wouldn't want you to get soaked." I hear him sigh then he looks at me.

"Fine but know this, I will not be ordered around by a weakling like you." He says as he walks away.

As he's walking away it suddenly starts to pour down the rain. I put my hood up and follow Sesshomaru to the house. Once inside I start a fire in the little place in the floor for one then stand up taking off my cloak. I suddenly sense more than one presence nearby and coming in our direction so I stay calm. I put my cloak back on while getting puzzled looks from everyone but Sesshomaru.

"I'm gonna put up a barrier around the house so I'll be right back." I say as I walk outside into the pouring rain.

I look around with my golden eyes to see if I can see anything. I know where the presences are but I can't see anything through the heavy rain. I quickly set up a barrier and walk back inside. I see that only Sesshomaru is the only one still awake. I sit down against the wall and close my eyes, focusing on the presences. They seem to have stopped just at the tree line.