Prologue

~~~Skyler's P.O.V~~~

I've been in the Hidden Leaf Village for as long as I could remember. I was part of the original Team 7 along with Sakura Haruno, Sasuke Uchiha, and Naruto Uzumaki. Our sensei was Kakashi Hatake. Everything was good, well, until my best friend/boyfriend dumped me and left the village. I was completely shattered, not even Naruto could cheer me up. I wondered around the village for awhile. Feeling nothing but numbness inside, so I decided to leave. I gathered all the things I knew I wanted and had to take with me. I left my old team a note explaining my reasons for leaving. I stated clearly that I didn't want them to worry and that I'd only be gone for about three years.

I stopped by Kakashi's apartment to explain everything to him. He completely understood my reasons for leaving but he hesitated on letting me go. He told me shortly after the chunin exams that he considered me as his daughter so I let him go ahead and legalize it, since I've always seen him as a father figure. So now my name is Skyler Hatake. I did have a last name before that but I had chosen to drop it off since it reminded me of my clan that is dead.

Kakashi asked me if I was going to tell Naruto and Sakura goodbye but I said no. It would have made it harder for me to leave then. I told Kakashi to tell them goodbye for me. I also told him to show the note and explain to Lady Tsunade the reason for me leaving. He simply agreed and let me leave in peace. I explained it to two of my wolves, Ice and Kai. They understood my reasons too.