Meeting Inuyasha

~~~ Skyler's P.O.V ~~~

     I reach the village in about ten minutes. I decided to walk instead of jumping through the trees. I walk around the village for a few moments when I suddenly bump into someone. I look up to see a girl with black hair and in a white top, a short green skirt, and brown shoes.

     "I'm so sorry. I didn't see you." She apologizes.

     "It's fine. I wasn't paying attention either. What's your name?" I ask.

     "Kagome. What's yours?" Kagome asks.

     "My name's Skyler." I reply with a smile.

     "Nice to meet you Skyler." She says, returning my smile.

     "Hey, I'm definitely not from around here and I was wondering if I could ask someone for help." I say, still having the feeling of being watched.

     "Well, first, how did you get here?" She asks.

      "Is there somewhere we can talk in private? I'm not going to hurt you. I promise." I ask.

      "Sure. We can talk by the river." She replies, leading me to the river not far from us. Once there, she turns and looks at me. Waiting for me to answer her first question.

     "I guess I got here by falling to a well not to far south of here." I answer. Kagome's eyes widen some.

     "A-a well? South from here? The only one that I know of is The Bone Eater Well to the east." Kagome replies in shock.

     "I came from the south. I know that for sure." I reply.

     "Come on. We need to go talk to Kaede. Maybe she can shed some light on all of this." Kagome starts while trying to pull me toward the village but I don't budge. I stare at her for a moment and then at my surroundings.

     "We're being watched." I state calmly. Kagome's eyes widen.

     "By who? How can you tell?" I remain silent. I turn around and walk to the village. Kagome leading the way to Kaede's hut.

~~~At Kaede's hut ~~~

     "Ah. Kagome. Who is this that ye have brought with ye?" The old women with a patch over her left eye looked warmly at me.

     "My name is Skyler Hatake." I reply with a gentle smile.

     "An unusual name. Where exactly did ye come from?" Kaede asked gently.

     "A place named Konaha. Or in other words, the Hidden Leaf Village. I left it a year and a half ago after my best friend left the village. I needed to clear my mind. Too much was going on at the time." I pause remembering Sasuke's face as he turned and walked away from me. I sigh and continue. "I am actually a ninja, or shinobi, from there. Soon after I passed the chunin exams to become a higher ranking ninja, my sensei, Kakashi Hatake adopted me since I had no family." I pause to see their reactions. Just then I felt the presence I did back at the well. Someone walks into the hut and looks at me. He looks at Kagome and then Kaede an then back to me.

     "Who are you?" He asks drily.

     "Inuyasha! Sit!" Kagome yells. To my surprise, he faceplants onto the ground.

     "Please, excuse Inuyasha. He meant nothing by it." Kaede says.

     "No problem Kaede. Trust me. In the shinobi world where I'm from, everyone has an attitude." I reply.