The Little Fox

~~~ Skyler's P.O.V ~~~

We've been traveling for the last three hours and Kagome still hasn't sensed any jewel shards since we begin to travel again. I look beside me at Sasuke who seems lost in his own thoughts. Only Inuyasha knows about Sasuke and I being together again. I suddenly hear a noise, it's faint but it sounds like a child giggling. I look back over to Sasuke who seems to notice the look of concentration on my face. I activate my kekkei genkai that allows me to sense the presence of anything alive in a five mile radius. I sense the presence of a little boy close by. I then activate my other kekkai genkai that is my visual jutsu. Its similarities to the sharingan of the Uchiha clan and the byakugan of the Hyuga clan are close but with my visual jutsu I can sense presences nearby up to five miles. It also has the same powers of the sharingan and the byakugan but mine is a lot more powerful. Sasuke notices the change in my eyes and places his hand on his katana. I place my hand on his to stop him and release a sigh.

A big pink blob burst through the bushes and heads straight for Inuyasha. 'Kid's got balls.' I think to myself with a smirk. Inuyasha's hand automatically goes for his sword.

"Hand over your sacred jewel shards and I'll let you leave with your lives." The blob says.

"Not a chance in hell." Inuyasha replies dryly.

"Cut the crap kid. I can see through your disguise." I take a step in front of Inuyasha.

"This is not a disguise. Hand over the sacred jewel shards now."

"I said cut the crap kid. I know your a kid. Besides, I can see through your disguise with my Ketsenoku." I raise my head to show my eyes. Kagome's eyes widen and Inuyasha actually looks somewhat surprised. I walk over and smack the blob and a puff of smoke appears. I use my Shikaishi to blow the smoke away. in the place of the blob is a little boy.

"You're a demon aren't you lady?" The little boy asks.

"No. And your a fox demon aren't you?" I ask.

"How did you know?"

"You smell link a fox." I deadpan.

"Oh. My name is Shippo. What's yours?" Shippo asks excitedly.

"Skyler." I reply with a smile. Kagome walks up to me and looks at Shippo.

"Aww. He's so cute Skyler."

"I know."

"My name's Kagome."

"Hi Kagome."

"Kagome. Get away from him. He could be dangerous." Inuyasha says. I bend down and pick Shippo up in my arms.

"The only one that's dangerous here is you Inuyasha." I shoot at him. "Oh, and Shippo, the one with the dark, duck-butt hair is Sasuke. And the one the looks like a piranha is Sasuke's friend Suigetsu.

"Hey! My hair doesn't look like a duck-butt!" Sasuke argues with me.

"Sweetheart, yes it does. But we wouldn't have it any other way. You make it work." I say while everyone else, but Inuyasha, giggles. Sasuke gives me a playful glare and I smirk at him.

"Hey kid," Inuyasha says, "Where's your parents?" Shippo tenses up in my arms and starts to shake.

"T-they're they're dead. T-that's why I need the sacred jewel shards. T-to avenge my father's death." Sasuke and I freeze in place. We look at each other and then back to Shippo. We know how Shippo is feeling.