Chapter 12

I was confused for a second. How could I look exactly like Tyler when he was standing right in front of me.

            "What do you mean by I look exactly like you?" I ask him.

           "You look exactly like me. You are even wearing the same clothes as me." Tyler answers.

           I look down and I realize that he is right. I am not wearing the clothes I was wearing on the cliff. However, I am wearing the exact same clothes that Tyler was. I am in a blue and black battle suit with the Superhuman Academy's logo on the chest. 

           "No, I'm not you, I'm Mya Fields," I say trying to convince myself that this isn't happening. 

             Tyler's expressions says everything. This is real and I look exactly like him.

             "What are we going to do?" I ask.

              "We need help," Tyler starts to say and I know I'm not going to like what he says next, "Our only option is to go see Mr. Benedine."

              I stay silent for a while. I don't want to go see him especially with what just happened a little while ago. 

             "Don't worry," Tyler says, "I am not going to let him hurt you."

               "Okay, lets do this," 

                We start walking to his office. I glance back and see that the battle is mostly over. I think a few superhumans were injured, but I don't think any of them died. We must be really good in battles. How could we not, we have superpowers.

                It took us about five minutes to reach his office. I don't know why we didn't teleport. When I look at the doors I get scared. I am scared for my future. I am scared for what is going to happen when I walk through those doors. All I want to do is go home. I want to tell my mom how much I love her and miss her. I would give anything to go back to her. 

               "Are you ready?" Tyler asks, not looking at me.

              "Ready as I'll ever be." I reply. 

                Tyler opens the doors to Mr. Benedine's office. He is behind a desk in a black leather chair. He looks up from the papers he was working on.

                 "Hello," he greets us. Neither of us say hi back. 

                  This doesn't bother him though. He gestures to a chair across from him and says, "Please, sit down." I sounded more of a command than it sounded friendly.

                  I sat down but Tyler stayed still for a while. Eventually he sat down next to me. 

                  "Now tell me, what may be the issue?" he asks.

                  I don't know if he is joking but I sure am not. I think for a second that his eyes aren't seeing clear. How hard is it to tell that two people who look the same and sitting across from you. 

                  "What are you talking about? We look the exact same," I reply.

                   "Miss. Fields..." he starts to say.

                   "What," I add, starting to get angry. 

                    "Miss. Fields, you look exactly how you should,"

                    Okay now I'm confused. Just a second ago I looked like Tyler. I start looking around the room for a mirror. I spot one right next to the door we came in. I walk over to the mirror and glance in it. I look exactly how I should, with my long brown hair and my blue eyes.

                   "I could've sworn that when I was outside I looked like Tyler," I mumble to myself but Mr. Benedine hears. 

                   "You switched back," he says.

                   "Obviously, but how?" I ask.

                   "I'm guessing you thought about your home when you were waiting outside my door." he states.

                   "How did you k..."I start to say but Mr. Benedine cuts me off.       

                    "When you were Tyler you had access to his thoughts. Then, I don't think you knew, but know you do. When you were outside my door you thought about your home. Those were your thoughts not his. Because you thought like your self you switched back."

                    I am very confused now. I could've just seen what Tyler was thinking. That seems a little strange that I could be reading someones mind. I think it might be a good thing for now that I don't know how to do that. I hope Tyler knows that I didn't read his mind. That would be strange for him to know that his thoughts were that vulnerable. 

                   "I hope that helped you," Mr. Benedine says. 

                    I stand up and grab Tyler by the wrist, "We will be leaving before you ask me to be your lab rat. And if you did ask that, the answer would be no."

                     When we exit his office I let out a breath.

                    "Wasn't that fun," I ask Tyler.

                     "That was the best," Tyler answers sarcastically, "We should probably get going. We have training tomorrow. I guess I will see you then."

                    "Yeah, see you then," I add before we both walk back to our dorms. 

                     I prepare myself to tell Isabelle everything that just happened because I know she will ask.

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter. Leave any suggestions for the next chapter in the comments.