Chapter 13

I walk back to my dorm alone, thinking about everything that just happened. How can I even have two superpowers. This is just too unreal. I knock on the door to my dorm, knowing that I forgot my key inside.

           "Who is it?" I hear Isabelle question inside our dorm. 

           "Isabelle, it's me, Mya. Please let me in. I am super tired," I reply.

            The door creaks open and there stands Isabelle inside, "I still can't believe that someone tried to attack the academy," Isabelle mutters as she quickly locks the door behind me. 

            "Yes I was there, I could have died. They were right in front of me and I stood there like a deer in headlights. I was too scared to react, luckily Tyler was there to help," I add.

            "What, why was Tyler there with you?" Isabelle asks with a smirk on her face.

            "He came after I ran off," I say while blushing. Mya stop. Don't let your feelings cloud your judgement, "that's not the point Isabelle. I found out that I have a new power."

             "What?" Isabelle mumbled, "how is that even possible? The only other person that has two powers is Tyler. What even is your power?"

             "I can transform into any human being I can think of in my mind," I answer.

            "I have never heard of any power like that before," Isabelle comments.

            "Yeah well before I came here I didn't even have a clue that superpowers even existed," I claim.

           "Good point. Did you see any of their faces or figure out any organization they work for or what they want to do with the academy?" Isabelle mentions.

           "No. I have no clue what they want with us, but the big question is... are they going to attack us again?" I add.

           "If they did try to attack us again then they would be stupid. We know they exist and we will be keeping an eye out for anything that looks suspicious," Isabelle claims.

           "You are right. There is no reason to be worried."

           "Come on Mya, we probably should get some rest. We still have training tomorrow."

           I close my eyes and try to fall asleep but sleep never comes. The first thirty minutes I hear shuffling in Isabelle's bed. But after that, I was left alone in silence. Every single time I tried to close my eyes the horrible image of the people who attacked us comes to my mind. The only thing I can do is think. What is my mom doing right now? What is Ian doing right now? I'm guessing he already found a new girlfriend. I think of other things like what my life would be if I didn't come to this academy. But, I know that I soon have to come to the fact that my past life is no more. I glance over at the clock that is on my bedside nightstand. The clock says it's 2:13. I look up at the ceiling and try to get some rest, but I am still anxious. I know we have curfew and all but there is no way I am going to sleep. I need to get out of this room. I slip out of my bed gently and tip toe to the front door. I grab the keys to make sure I have a way back in. I creak open the door quietly and slip out into the corridor. After a few twists and turns I am outside. I stand right next to the cliff with the lake below me. I close my eyes and feel the air swarm around me, this time not thinking about anything else. I look around and see a human figure off in the distance. The person is sitting right on the other side of the cliff. I try to sneak over to the person silently. I get about 2/3 of the way there before I know she has spotted me. 

             "Trying to sneak up on me?" the stranger asks.

             "Sara?" I ask confused. I instantly imagine all the Sara's around me, about to fight. 

            I snap out of it when Sara says, "Yep. That's my name, don't wear it out,"

             "Why are you out here?" I ask.

             "Can't fall asleep," Sara responds. 

             "Same. I'm too worried about the attack on the academy," I say.

             "I don't understand how we didn't spot them before they attacked," Sara questions.

             "I don't understand either, we are supposed to have superpowers. We can't even stop a small attack."

             "Were you here when they attacked the academy?" Sara mutters under her breath.

          "No I wasn't anywhere near the attack," I respond.

          "When they attacked us luckily no one died but some of us were severely injured."

          "I know and..." I answer but was cut off by Sara.

          "Mya," she says while looking me dead in the eyes, "the people who attacked us. . . they were like no one we have ever fought before, they acted like they weren't even human." 

          I look down at my feet, what am I supposed to say to that? Before I can respond I hear a scream off in the distance. Sara and I both instantly look where the scream came from. We both look at each other and Sara stands up and heads toward it. I get up and try and catch up to her.

          "Where are you going Sara, it could be a trap," I whisper. 

          "Shhhh," Sara mutters.

          "Get down," Sara commands while she pulls me down to the ground with her.

         "Who is there?" says a raspy voice. I know that voice from somewhere. Where do I know it from. 

         "Come on, we have to go and help him. He sounds like he is in a lot of pain," Sara decides and walks over to the stranger.

           Sara and I got close to the man. There was a lot of blood surrounding the stranger. I know we need to get him some help. 

           "It's okay, we are not here to hurt you. We are here to get you some help," Sara says calmly, "let me help you up."

           "Thanks," the stranger responds.

           I know that voice and when he looks into my eyes I fit all the pieces together.

            "Oh my gosh. How is this possible?"

   A/N: I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. If you have any predictions about who the stranger might be, put them in the comments. I will mostly publish during the weekends. Also, check out my other story, The Mate Of An Alpha.