Chapter 5

The walk home was very long. My heart was aching and I wanted to break down. Maybe going to Wyoming will be better than it is here, I think to myself. I soon reach my house and I see a very large man talking to my mother on the doorstep. As I get closer I realize that the man is wearing a black and red suit with the letters SHA. I walk up toward the doorway wanting to escape my mother and whoever this man was who was here to take me away. Apparently my mom got the idea and instantly put her arm in the way trying to stop me.
       "Mya," she states, " Why don't you say hello to Mr. Benedine, the professor of Superhuman Academy."
       Oh, I think that's what SHA means, superhuman academy. "Hello sir, so nice to meet the man who is going to be ruling my life from now on," I say boldly.
       "Mya," my mother yells, "Don't be so rude. Go to your room and grab your bags. Now!"
        I roll my eyes but do as she says anyway. I run up the stairs and grab my bags. I wish I could have packed my whole room with me all the memories and pictures, but my mom wouldn't allow it. I could only bring a large suitcase and a duffel bag. I stuffed everything that I could into it. Luckily for me I never really cared about my appearance so I didn't need to pack makeup or anything like that. I only packed a few headbands, tooth brush, tooth paste, bobbypins, hair ties, and a brush. I packed all the pictures I can of Ian and I but I don't really want them anymore but I'm too lazy now to take them out. I packed my phone, iPad, iMac, and all the chargers that go with them. I also packed all my clothes that I think I will need, all my money I have, and some blankets & pillows. I grab my suitcase and duffel bag and take one last look at my room.
     "Goodbye," I say, "I'll never forget you."
      I stomp down the stairs and wait for them to tell me what to do.
      "It's time to go," Mr.Bendine commands,  "I'll be waiting outside."
      "Bye sweetie,"my mother adds, "Please don't be mad at me, I'm only trying to protect you."
      "Of course mother I could never be mad at you for ruining my life." I hiss
      "I'm so sorry. I love you," my mother murmured.
       I don't say goodbye to my mother how could I? I walk out of my old life and start walking into my new one.