Chapter Two

"The reason everyone calls me 10K is because that's how many zombies I'm going to kill." 10K said. "That's the reason?" I asked, a little to rude for my liking. "Hey Fox back off alright," Warren lowered her voice, "his father was his first." I felt so bad for my remark, ugh why am I such a bitch! "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to come out that rude." I said. "It's fine." 10K said.

"Now, the meaning behind your name." Warren said. Everyone starred at me, crossing their arms. I sighed.

"The reason I go by Fox is because," I stopped, I was starting to get teary eyed, this couldn't happen! I can not cry! "The reason I go by Fox is because I-it was my b-brothers favorite animal." I finished. A tear slipped from my eye and I turned to hide it. 10K turned my face towards his and wiped away the tear. "He didn't make it did he?" Warren asked.

"He was my responsibility! My mom turned the night before and I had to Mercy her. The next night raiders infiltrated out base. They tried to take advantage of me. Saying that if I didn't do what they wanted they would kill my brother." I stopped, they all soaked up the story, "I was selfish though. I was able to reach my Katana and killed the first two but that last bastard help me at gun point and a machete to his heart. He said that if I didn't go with him he'd make my brother a zombie."

"How old was he?" Mach asked, "Eight," I replied. I continued my story the tears flowing down my face, "I didn't go with him though. As I was walking over to him he stabbed my brother right there in front of me. I never had a chance to give him Mercy." I couldn't hold it back anymore. The dam broke. I broke down crying in the forest, 10K came to my aid but I pushed him off.

I looked at the rest of the group they were all on the brink of tears, even Murphy who I never expected to cry. "I-I'm s-s-sorry." I stuttered out. "There's no reason to be sorry baby." Warren said embracing me in a hug. I didn't want sympathy, I wanted my brother.

"What was his name?" Addy asked covering her mouth. "Jacob." I said barely above a whisper. "What happened to the last man?" Doc asked. "I made him a Z." I replied, "right there j-just grabbed my katana and plunged it deep into his stomach. He shot of course but it missed."

After learning my past we just sat there. No body said anything, no body did anything. We just sat, for the next hour and did nothing. Just sat...

"We need to move." Said Warren. "Yea." I agreed wiping my tears with my sleeve. We all walked to the truck, I lifted Taz into the back seat when Murphy said, "Woah, Woah, Woah. We're not putting that thing back here are we?" "Do you want him to fly out the back?!" I shouted. "Well yea. Kind of." He said. "Murphy give her a damn break." 10K said.

Everyone looked at him and he covered his mouth. "First time I ever heard you curse kid." Doc said hopping into the back with Taz. "Murphy just get in!" Warren yelled. He got into the passenger seat, while Addy and Mach loaded into the back seat. 10K hopped into the trunk and I followed. I hit the trucks side and we took off. I ended up opening the window in the back seat so Taz could still be close to me.

"Hey bud." I said. Taz started to lick my face to clear the tears. "Aww thanks bud I needed that." I chuckled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We drove for about an hour until we stopped at a road with Zombies everywhere. "Puppies and Kittens!" Warren yelled. I was a little confused but soon learned what she meant. "I got it!" I yelled. "I'll go with you" 10K offered. "I said I got it." I growled. He backed off and I hopped out.

There were about six blocking the road but I could handle it. I grabbed my Katana off my back and started swinging. At one point three of the zombies circled me and I spun with my katana Chopping all of there heads off. "All clear." I said pulling my katana out of the dirt and putting it back in the sheath.