Chapter Fourteen

(Fox's ice pick above)

10K and I crept through the night. I didn't want to run into any Z's, especially after that. Eight. Eight people dead because of me. No longer breathing because of me. 10K walked over to a nearby pharmacy and opened the door. We both walked in the pharmacy, I had my ice pick raised and he raised his chain with spikes.

We both walked around the pharmacy looking for anything to help my hand. I think after the bleeding kind of stopped it wasn't as bad as it looked. Tommy unwrapped my hand and inspected it. "It's not as bad as I though." He said, "I was thinking the same thing." I said. I grabbed some rubbing alcohol from a nearby shelf and held it in front of me. "This is going to sting like hell." He said. "Get it over with." I muttered.

He poured the rubbing alcohol on my hand. I kept in the screams the best I could but every now and then I let out a small whimper. 10K grabbed some athletic wrap and wrapped it around my hand. "We should move." He said. I shook my head in agreement. "Yea, there's a forest behind here." I said. Tommy nodded and we both headed out the door.

10K had his arm around my shoulder as we stalked up to a forest. "We can sleep in the trees tonight, we'll be safe from Z's and hopefully people." I said. 10K nodded and walked into the forest.

I followed behind him with my ice pick raised. "How about this tree?" He asked, tapping a tree with his hand. "Perfect." I smiled. He smiled back at me and began to hoist himself up. I chuckled and he stopped. "What?" He asked. "Here let me show you." I said with a laugh. He playfully rolled his eyes and came back to the ground. I gripped my ice pick tight in hand.

I jumped up and swung my ice pick, hooking it on the first limb. My hand began to throb but I kept going. I pulled myself to the branch and did it again for the next branch. When I reached the second branch there were no more in reach. I slammed the ice pick into the trunk. It stuck in the trunk and I pulled myself up. I took the pick out fast and hooked it again slightly above the last. I did this until I reached a strong, high up, branch. "See." I said out of breath. My hand was on fire and was still throbbing.

10K smiled up at me, "Throw it down." I rolled my eyes at him and threw down the pick. It lodged in the dirt and he pulled it out. 10K did the same as I did, only having a few slip ups. He pulled himself into the pitchfork shaped branch I was in. I tied my sash around our legs and curled into him. "You think we'll ever find them?" I asked. "I think we will, it's a pretty small world." He responded. "Just what I needed to hear." I giggled.

He pulled his arms around me closing the distance between us. "I love you." I yawned. "I love you too." He said, lulling me to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Running. That's all I remember. My arms swinging, my legs pumping. I couldn't escape it. It charged at me full speed and knocked me down. His once youthful face all crumbled and rotten. His pearls for teeth, all yellow and molding. His midnight black hair, all greasy and old. And his once hazel eyes, dead and cold. I tried to push his snapping jaw away, I didn't have the strength. I let out a scream as the jaws forced themselves into my neck. I had lost everyone. And now him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I shot up from the tree branch remembering the horrid dream. "Everything okay?" A sleepy 10K asked from beside me. "Y-yea. Everything's fine." I said out of breath. He eye'd me warily. I sighed and told him of my horrific dream. "Who was it about?" He asked. J gulped remembering the face that haunted my dreams yet made my life wonderful everyday. "You." I said.

Tommy pulled me into his arms and held me tight. "That will never happen." He said. I smiled and hugged him back. "We need to get going." I said clearing the memory from my mind. 10K nodded and wiped the last year from my face before untying my sash. He handed it to me and proceeded to climb down the tree. I tied my sash around my shoulder again then stuck my ice pick into the tree the best I could.

I sighed then jumped from the limb. The ice pick carved into the tree as it descended me down. I landed on the lowest branch which was still a good ten feet of the ground. I smiled as I jumped from the limb and tuck and rolled once I hit the ground. "You crazy." 10K said. "Now your just stating the obvious." I teased. He swatted at my outstretched hand and chuckled. I couldn't help but laugh myself. He wrapped me in a bear hug and kissed the top of my head. "What would i do without you?" he asked. "Like if i didn't shoot that zombie on top of you or different scenario?" I joked. He chuckled, "Different scenario." "Of course." I said doing a fake bow.  "Lets go before something finds us." he said with a chuckle. I smiled and began to walk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fallen leaves crunched under my feet as 10K and I walked through the woods. We emerged from the forest only to spot a giant store. "A grocery store, look." I pointed out from behind a bush. 10K nodded and began to walk out. I grabbed his ankle with my hand and forced him back. "What?" He asked. "There could be people." I said. 10K nodded and shuffled back down into the bush. We watched for what seemed like hours, but no one ever came out or went in. "I think were safe." I said.

We both stood from the bush and slowly began to walk towards the store. A Z spooked me from behind a corner and I released the arrow I had knocked in my bow. "How does a zombie from sixty yards away scare you?" 10K asked noticing me jump. "I shot it didn't I?" I questioned. "I guess." He said with a chuckle. I smiled and began to walk again.

We reached the doors that lead into the store. I pushed on them, they didn't budge. "It's locked." I said. 10K playfully rolled his eyes and pulled the door open. "Voila." He said. "Oh..." I said a little embarrassed. He just laughed and walked inside, I followed closely behind him. "We could probably find more medicine for your hand." 10K said motioning to my shoulder with his hand. I looked at my head and nodded.

I looked amongst the empty shelves. "It's like somebody already got all the supplies." I said. "Yea." 10K agreed. "Except for a bottle of rubbing alcohol." He said. "That's it?" I asked lowering my bow. "Yup." 10K said annoyed. I just frowned.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Addy's P.O.V)

We lost Fox and 10K about three days ago. Doc has been going mad ever since loosing 10K. And well myself? I don't even want to talk about it. I miss Fox, she's like a sister to me. Warren was all up for looking for them, but this is the third day and I think she's loosing hope. "Any signs?" I asked Mach. He sighed, "I'm sorry baby." I felt the tears flow to my eyes. "We can't loose them." I said sternly.

I began to walk into some nearby woods with my hands on my head. "Addy!" Mach yelled. "I'm taking a walk! Leave me alone!" I yelled back. The tears began to streak down my face. I walked through the woods not paying attention to what was around me. I found myself falling to the ground face first in the dirt. "What the fu-" I began. I had tripped over a yellow tipped arrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Fox P.O.V)

10K and I had left the store about a couple of hours ago. There was no supplies. Night was creeping upon us. We had taken cover from the Z's on a building roof.

I was currently sitting on 10K's lap trying to keep warm. The autumn breeze was a pain with no blanket. 10K wrapped his arm around me and kissed my shoulder. "I miss Doc." He whispered into my ear. I sighed. "I miss Addy, Mach, Doc, Cassandra, Warren, hell I even miss Murphy. But I miss Taz more than all of them. I can't believe I left him." I said on the brink of tears. 10K held me tightly. "We'll find them." He said in a soft soothing voice.

"I hope too. I really hope we do." I said snuggling closer into 10K's warm body.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Haiiiiiii!!! I know it's been a few days since I've updated and I'm sorry!!! But I hope you guys like the new P.O.V!!! Please Vote, Comment, and Recommend!!!! Byeeeeee!!!!