2

Marcus reached for his phone which resided in his jacket pocket, and began to send a message.

The man in the top hat began to speak clearly and confidently.
"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, thank you for attending our humble little show. Now, before we begin may I direct your attention to the exits. You see the doors in this theater of ours have been fitted with our own special brand of security. So if anyone happens to go near these doors..." the man chuckles, " Let's just say the show will end sooner for you."

He paused, letting his words sink in. Tension rose in the room, people's fear becoming apparent. Marc could just imagine the smug look this man had under his mask, he hated it.

"Now," the villain continued, " seeing as we all happen to be understood would the audience please take their seats on the far side of the room for the awe filling experience that is our show." he gestured to the wall left of the front doors.

Marc, along with the others made their way over to the wall.
He tried to think of a game plan, and figure out what options the crowd had for survival. Unfortunately he had left his gun at home since it isn't quite something you'd bring to a bank on a Sunday, unless you were planning on doing the same task as The Ringmaster.
He considered talking some of the people into trying to overpower the villain and his cohorts. But his hopes of that working were dashed as the women pulled out weaponry from a plain looking duffle bag. He doubted that the civilians would have enough courage to even stand when faced with guns.
At the moment his only option was the fact that he had contacted the police. It would put people in danger if he tried to intervene so he sat still and kept quiet trying to make sure the others did the same.

"Very good all," the man continued, " now presenting, hands up this is a robbery!"

"It's a comedy!" Added one of the women, the brunette.

"And here I was thinking it was a drama," the redhead remarked seriously, rolling her eyes.

"Shut up! And get to work!" The man exclaimed sternly, "amateurs. "

The two women separated. One heading towards the teller with the duffle bag. While the other, carrying a smaller bag went towards the people against the wall. She held the bag open so the people could drop their valuables inside. The Ringmaster stood in the centre of the room. A woman on either side of him as protection.

Marc stared, taking notes on everything that The Ringmaster did. Watching his every move, his every gesture. He knew criminals like this could be extremely dangerous, they were considerably unstable and could snap at any moment. Marc did not want to let this person hurt anyone. He was ready to get him, to take him down if needed, when needed.
Because it was his job.