Nine and Ten

Marcus leaned against the wall. It had been quite some time since they had arrived. He had to admit, watching as the C.S.I. crew slowly went around analyzing objects was not all that exciting. He yawned and checked his watch, 5:05. He had been there for about two and a half hours. Watching, waiting, just to see when it would be over. He heard something, and along with the other people in the room he turned his head toward the door.

There was yelling coming from outside. Marc couldn't hear what was being said through the walls, but he could tell it wasn't too good. Then there it was, two loud bangs one right after the other.

Marc quickly made his way to the door, reaching for his pistol followed by the two detectives. They exited to see a police car speeding off as the two officers who were guarding the front door gripped flesh wounds and tried to stand, attempting to catch the crook who had maimed them.

Hudson rushed to the aid of her fallen comrades, as Baun went to where the car had been, stopping to inspect the area.

Marc watched as the car disappeared into the distance, music erupting from the inside. He called for an ambulance then made his way to Hudson announcing to her his previous action.

"good, you did something useful, now hold this," she gently shrugged toward the officer's leg which was in her firm grasp. The man cringed attempting to take deep breaths, but coming out with a strained pant. His eyes were shut, he didn't want to focus on anything except breathing. "hurry if you wouldn't mind, there are other people I need to deal with here."

Marc quickly knelt down and in a swift connected movement Hudson removed her hands and he held the man's wound tightly. The blood was seeping through the uniform and onto Marc's hands, coating them in the red liquid.

Marc was uncomfortable. His mind was trying to realize this situation fully. He tried to sort through multiple possibilities, as Liz wrapped up the hole in the officer's leg.

He had the feeling that the Ringmaster or one of his lackeys was behind this attack. He knew that he wanted to be the person to stop this mad man. According to their current information, this gala would be his first real chance to try.