7

The Detective and Marc waited outside of the Comissioner's office. He was taking a call, which he tended to do in private. He didn't seem like that type of person, but from what Marc knew, every one of the Comissioner's calls was a private one, and to him that was suspicious.
He looked to his right at Baun. The grim detective with the long sandy blonde hair looked around the room arms crossed. He didn't speak much, but Marc was told by many that he had been making arrests on costumed criminals for nearly ten years, and researched HIM quite a bit. He was almost an expert but he wouldn't tell most about it, or anything really. At the moment he seemed well rested and was just observing.
Then a phone went off. One of the other officers picked it up, and after a moment ran off. It could have been anything.

Tapping his foot the two waited.

After a minute or so of relative silence they were called inside.

The office was rather large. It had dark blueish -grey walls, shelves with various books on them. Along with little figurines, trinkets, and awards. The floor was carpeted, a nice soft one which no one was able to feel, because everyone wore shoes. The strong desk made of glorious mahogany and coated in a smooth lacquer, was covered with papers and files ( many of which looked untouched ), the cap was off of Draydon's ballpoint pen which lay amongst the papers. There was a nice lamp which matched the one in the corner of the room. There was also a digital clock, and a laptop beneath the mess of papers, or so Marc believed. Lastly there was as the phone,which the Commissioner had hung up as he sat in the black rolling chair behind the desk. He gestured to the chairs in front of the desk and the two men sat.

Marc tried to look at Draydon but squinted as the light from the window hit his eyes.

"Alright you two, so I suppose you both know the information contained in the Ringmaster's case file? "

Both men nodded in unison.

" Good, I'm putting you both in charge of this case. Baun because of the knowledge you have gathered, and Marshall because of your raw experience with The Ringmaster, "

This shocked Marc, he didn't think he would get to do anything like this, he felt quite excited.

"What about Hudson? She was working on this case." Baun commented.

" yes, she still will be. But you two are the leaders. You can handle that if I am correct? "

" Um ... yeah, " Marc murmured " yes sir. But what about... you know... the big guy"

"You will be working alongside him Marshall. 'The big guy' as you put it does have the most experience overall."

The two nodded again. Marc felt quite uncomfortable in situations like this; sitting in front of a powerful person who is behind a desk. It reminded him of school.
Personally he preferred sitting on a couch with a latte in hand, rather than in a stiff chair around a desk.

"He wants to talk to you both, on the roof."