One and Thirty

Marc hung up the phone. He had been told not to return to work for a few days. He was on edge as he knew something had happened. Nobody outside of the G.C.P.D knew what had happened on the day Baun came back. People could only speculate about what happened inside there or who could be behind this attack. Marc knew it was the Ringmaster and whatever he had done to Baun was the cause of the disaster.

He made sure Peter was asleep, before walked to the door of the apartment and grabbed his coat. He went to the car, he couldn't walk the distance he needed to go. He supposed he should give it back to Lucielle, however she had mentioned that he could take his time with returning it. He hopped in and began driving.

He was not headed to work, of course not, he went where the caller on the phone specified.

It didn't take Marc too long to get to the quaint house belonging to the quaint house, belonging to the cheerful blonde woman. He quickly made his way to the door, and the woman opened it swiftly.

"Come in, come in," she said quickly ushering him inside. The two walked to the kitchen meeting the man in costume once again. His expression was one of seriousness. He sat at the table silently waiting. The woman went to the counter and poured out three cups of tea.

"what is it?" Marc asked the vigilante, who held out an envelope almost immediately. It was black, like all of the ones the ringmaster sent. It had been previously opened as the seal was broken. He picked it up carefully and removed the letter from the envelope and read each word slowly.

Dear Detectives,

Since you are reading this I believe Jeremy's performance went off with a bang. However now I have a bone to pick with someone, someone in particular, and I'll give a hint to who. What does a small celestial being, a young actress, and Mr. Marshall's girlfriend have in common?

R

"Lucielle," Marcus murmured. An image of the young woman's fave appears in his mind. He coumd only imagine the worst.

"one of my partners is looking into the situation as we speak," he took back the letter with his gloved hand, " The G.C.P.D is currently in chaos, police are attempting to get involved but anyone inside has been ordered to stay by the commissioner. Anyone outside doesn't have the nerve to try. I came to you because you are one of the only good cops that would be willing to work on this now,"

He looked over at the woman who was now sitting sipping her tea. "we should get going, alright,"

"yes," the woman nodded holding her mug with both hands. Both men got up to leave and the woman followed them. They looked back at her confused. "what?"

"you're not-"

"oh I'm coming Mr, and you can't stop me. I have been stuck in this boring neighbourhood for who knows how long. I can help," she walked off and grabbed her coat. Marc shrugged and followed her.

"alright," the costumed man sighed, " who's ready for a show,"